Mock which include English writing

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bluewhale

Mock which include English writing

Post by Bluewhale »

We have missed booking Sutton mocks and now they are all sold out. Could anyone advise us if there are any other mocks which include English writing part which would be marked and with feedback? Thank you.
squareofthewicket

Re: Mock which include English writing

Post by squareofthewicket »

IIRC, 2017 SGSPTA Mocks creative writing paper wasn't really marked either; at least not the one my DD sat. Instead they gave a sheet with guidelines on what to include in it at the end of the creative writing task.

Sorry, not exactly answering your question but posted my what it was like in the mocks the previous year
Bluewhale

Post by Bluewhale »

Thank you for clarifying that for me. At least now I don't feel that sad about missing Sutton mocks as I was really hoping for feedback on her strengths and weaknesses.
squareofthewicket

Post by squareofthewicket »

If your DC is being tutored, the tutor should be able to provide some guidance on it. We talked to our DDs English teacher at her school about our 11+ plans. She used to give DD the occasional extra creative writing task to do as home work and then check it for her. Mind you, my DD goes to a Prep school, so the class sizes are reasonably small and teachers are generally able to give a level or personal attention. No harm in trying though - You don't ask you don't get; the worst that will happen is that they refuse.