Starting appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sem

Starting appeal

Post by sem »

I have found this site to be a wealth of information and a great support over the past few months, so I'm hoping someone will be able to help me now I am just about to embark on this appeal journey.

I have just received my Appeal form from GCC and could do with some guidance!

The form has to be submitted by April 23rd. Is it at this stage that I send off all my evidence ( reports, teacher's references etc. ) ? What do I put on my initial form ( not a very large space on the form to put my case)?
I was hoping to present it in a particular way which would be difficult if I had to start it on the form then continue on another piece of paper.
What is the best way to put it all together, by that I mean...in a folder or stapled together?

Maybe someone who has already been through this experience could help me out here a bit...please! :?

Many thanks in advance.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Hi Sem,
What grounds will you be appealing on-over subscription or non qualification?
I have no experience of appeals so feel unable to advise-however I am sure Capers will be along soon to give you the benefit of his experience.Also have a look at the appeals part of the forum,I am sure more experienced forum members will also advise you.Maybe worth posting in the appeals part of forum too?

Regards,
GM.
sem

Post by sem »

Thanks gloucestermum

I'm appealing for non qualification :(

I have looked at the appeals Q and A ( many times! ) which has helped a lot, but it doesn't really answer this specific question(s)

The space on the form is less than an A4 size and at the top it says

I wish to appeal against my child's school allocation for the following reasons( eg. any reasons for wanting the school preferred, not wanting the school allocated etc etc.....

At the bottom it says
Are you submitting any additional documents Yes/No. If yes, please give details and ensure documents are received one week prior to your hearing

I don't want to have to squeeze it all in!

I'll put in the Appeals section too. Thanks again.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

sem wrote: I wish to appeal against my child's school allocation for the following reasons( eg. any reasons for wanting the school preferred, not wanting the school allocated etc etc.....

At the bottom it says
Are you submitting any additional documents Yes/No. If yes, please give details and ensure documents are received one week prior to your hearing

I don't want to have to squeeze it all in!
Yep, I saw it in Appeals and answered there. But your quote above is more explicit.

Just put a very brief reason on that form, then you can get everything else together, including the detailed reasons on a 'front page letter', in the main pack of additional documents and send it in a bit before that deadline (registered post or by hand)!
Capers
Burneth

Re: Starting appeal

Post by Burneth »

sem wrote:I have found this site to be a wealth of information and a great support over the past few months, so I'm hoping someone will be able to help me now I am just about to embark on this appeal journey.

I have just received my Appeal form from GCC and could do with some guidance!

The form has to be submitted by April 23rd. Is it at this stage that I send off all my evidence ( reports, teacher's references etc. ) ? What do I put on my initial form ( not a very large space on the form to put my case)?
I was hoping to present it in a particular way which would be difficult if I had to start it on the form then continue on another piece of paper.
What is the best way to put it all together, by that I mean...in a folder or stapled together?

Maybe someone who has already been through this experience could help me out here a bit...please! :?

Many thanks in advance.
Hi there SEM

I just wanted to wish you luck with your appeal. Did the school recommend that you appeal? I only wondered this as if that is the case then hopefully there are spare places rather than the school being full which gives the appeal a much better chance of success.

Good luck!

B
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
sem

Post by sem »

Capers123 Many thanks for your advice. I have started to get all the relevant paperwork together now ready to send in with the Appeal form.

Burneth Yes, the school did recommend I appeal as there are a number of places still available. I am appealing on non qualification rather than over subscription. Thanks for your good luck wishes...I will need them. :?
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

It sounds very promising to me....keeping everything crossed for you. Please let us know how you get on .... and remember we are all here if you need anything!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

good luck Sem!

proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

image removed by a moderator, contained a copyright symbol.

sorry about that!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Hi Sem,
If I remember correctly from your previous posts-it is the High School that you are appealing for? I understand that,like Tommies,the High School have unnallocated places-so the best of luck to you with the appeal!
If it is anything like last year,their were quite a few successful appeals on the same grounds as yours.

GM
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now