Come on St Albans girls, get those results out!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

Come on St Albans girls, get those results out!

Post by Daogroupie »

Habs is now stealing the mindshare after three days of girls feeling excited about their interviews and some of them having their interview today.

Still nothing from St Albans girls even though it was promised yesterday.

Hopefully it will come out today. Everything else is already out. DG
hertslady

Re: Come on St Albans girls, get those results out!

Post by hertslady »

thanks for this - I've been sitting at my computer pressing refresh on my emails for three days now. Must put people off mustn't it, when the others have been so efficient?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Just wait ... patience is a virtue.

Surely it's better that the papers are marked correctly and the right girls are invited than this is rushed and mistakes are made?

If something like this changes your mind about a school then I think that's somewhat strange -
hertslady

Post by hertslady »

You're right of course but they could have emailed to give us an expected time of arrival for the answer, otherwise everyone who has little experience of the process or no friends applying, is thinking they are not going to be called back!
Do you think they will come by email or post?
Also re-read the registration letter and it seems they are saying they are doing individual interviews this year...may have had trouble with the date allocation system - 3 days doesn't seem long compared to other schools for individual interviews assuming one person has to have some kind of oversight of them all?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They have about 300 to mark compared to Habs 500 and they had their exam a day earlier.

This is their third year of individual interviews so they must be used to it by now.

They are going to miss out on some students. I know dds who were very keen on St Albans but now are very focused on their Habs interviews.

They have a lot of local girls and two classes full of preps so they won't be short but they won't have as much choice if they don't get on with it. DG
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

DG - that is your opinion - I really think you should leave it to the school.

If a delay of one or two days is going to influence parents at this stage then they are somewhat misguided imho. A school choice is FAR more important than that.

You do not know how papers are marked and how many staff are involved - faster is not necessarily better. Maybe they standardise marking more thoroughly?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I hope the email promised today will arrive very shortly.

I know of some very anxious parents who need to know where they stand. DG
Last edited by Daogroupie on Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

This is an opinions forum so I am expressing my opinion about the fact that with less than half the applications and a day earlier than Habs they are now five day later.

After dealing with them for over ten years I do know quite a bit about how it works and normally their results are delivered a lot quicker.

The school has now said the results will be emailed out today. DG
guesswho

Post by guesswho »

I agree with you DG. Friday was their own self-imposed date for results. If they could not meet it they should have communicated this fact and given a new date. Telling people nothing simply adds to the stress of an already very stressful time for parents and girls.
kelionad

Post by kelionad »

My daughter has been sent a letter for an interview on the 29th.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now