Official League Tables

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
thickasabrick

Official League Tables

Post by thickasabrick »

This is not really a regional thing - I am only posting here because it's my local area.

Has anybody looked at the tables and made sense of it?

I put a listing together for myself including most grammar schools accessible from here and the local comprehensives just for a comparison.

There are two different percentage scores, one giving a pupil percentage pass Maths and English only, the other for EBacc (Maths, English, Sciences, a language and either History or Geography).

Why is there a score just for Maths & English?

The EBacc seems to be the most basic subject selection a school can have (if it calles itself a comprehensive and even more so if it's a grammar school) - in my customised listing there is only one school that has entered 100% of pupils for EBacc.

I don't get it - shouldn't all schools have 100% - especially grammar schools?
PettswoodFiona

Re: Official League Tables

Post by PettswoodFiona »

You have to have language and geography or history for Ebacc. If you do geology but not history or geography then it doesn’t tick all the boxes for EBacc.
Tinkers

Re: Official League Tables

Post by Tinkers »

My DDs school, for instance, insist on the girls doing one of geography, history or RS. (They can do 2 or 3 if they wish), plus at least one language.

Those doing just RS won’t get the EBacc. Those doing history or geography will.

The school don’t worry about a measure that is limiting and somewhat artificial tbh, otherwise they would make all the girls do one from history or geography, without the option for RS.