LEH interview

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
yaco

LEH interview

Post by yaco »

Parent(s) will be invited to a quick Q&A while my DD takes part in the interview. Can I come to the Q&A without my partner? The letter doesn't specify whether there will be one parent or two. I'm afraid it will be a bit rude to ask the school......Please help...
WorriedSick

Re: LEH interview

Post by WorriedSick »

The girls are collected at the foyer and go off for their interview whilst the parents (one or two - it really doesn't matter) go off to a different room. The Head gives a quick talk and then it is just general chit chat with parents. The whole atmosphere is informal and you can go armed with a long list of questions or none at all and just listen. The parents are told when the girls are done and then you all go home...
yaco

Post by yaco »

WorriedSick wrote:The girls are collected at the foyer and go off for their interview whilst the parents (one or two - it really doesn't matter) go off to a different room. The Head gives a quick talk and then it is just general chit chat with parents. The whole atmosphere is informal and you can go armed with a long list of questions or none at all and just listen. The parents are told when the girls are done and then you all go home...
It's my first time posting a question. So nervous and so thankful you have been so kind. Thank you very much!
Ecco

Post by Ecco »

My daughter has been invited to attend the interview for LEH. She is quite nervous as this is the first formal interview for her.

I found the above information very useful. Wanted to know if anyone knows how many children are invited for the interview and how many finally get a seat. Thanks
whenwillitbeover

Post by whenwillitbeover »

Hi Ecco,

My DD was there for interview too. I suppose you might already have your answer by now, but for the benefit of anyone else reading your post, i can share what i found out.

For 2018 entry approximately 400 girls appeared for the exam out of which around 200 have been invited for interviews.
The total seats in a year group are 108 out of which roughly 40ish come from junior.
So (whilst this was not directly stated), i have worked out that around 75 girls might get a firm offer and around 25 girls placed on waitlist. Others will be potentially turned down.

The last bit is guesswork as its all a bit hush hush.

Good luck to you & your DD! Hope it went well!
Ecco

Post by Ecco »

Many thanks for the revert. I had a similar sense after the talk for parents. Hopefully they should come back to the parents this week/next week.

Best