Allocation day and offers

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MCLC

Allocation day and offers

Post by MCLC »

I realise that waiting list positions aren't available for a period of time after the 1st March but I wondered if schools had any idea during early March what the likelihood of a place would be?
Guest55

Re: Allocation day and offers

Post by Guest55 »

I doubt it as people have time to accept offers and the school cannot predict who will.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Thanks Guest55- would the grammar schools have an idea of the spread of scores of those that had already accepted?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

For super-selectives do you mean? I've seen quotes on websites but not my area of expertise as Bucks doesn't have that but our LA does quote the criterion/distance of the last offer.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Yes for the super selectives. For the past couple of years DD's score would have got her a place from the waiting list but I don't know how that translates this year.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

The only way in early March to get any idea re places is to compare how near you are (distance or score) to the last offer given. There is also some info on the website from each year as to how far down the list offers have been made in previous years (definitely no guarantee that it will be the same this year but it is somewhere to start)
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Thanks!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now