Bucks Selection Review Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KatharineB

Bucks Selection Review Results

Post by KatharineB »

Hi everyone just wanted to wish everybody luck that is waiting to hear about whether they have been successful or not at the selection review. The last few days of waiting are horrible; it feels like waiting for the initial results all over again. I'm hoping a score of 119 as a high achieving Autistic child will be enough to get my daughter through, however a little worried we may have less of a chance with being just out of area. I read somewhere on here that there were over 1000 reviews this year. Can anyone confirm this as we are just out of catchment for Burnham at a Slough school so are a bit out of the communication loop? It's the uncertainty that's frustrating but not long left! :D
anotherdad

Re: Bucks Selection Review Results

Post by anotherdad »

Your geographical position won't have a bearing on the selection review, your daughter will either be deemed as qualified or not.

I believe there were over 1,000 reviews this year, which was stated in one grammar school's Head's newsletter. Take a look here for predictions of allocation distances: https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 12&t=53362" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Burnham is predicted to go out to 10 miles so if you live in Slough, you should be very confident of a place there if your review is successful (assuming you put it first on your CAF and if you placed it further down, that you are not allocated at one of your higher preferences).
KatharineB

Post by KatharineB »

If it's a yes we will definitely get Burnham i think as it was our first preference that we would be eligible for. If not we are guaranteed our non Grammar choice because of distance. I'll just be glad of knowing where we are at so we can let our SENCO know and begin the transition process she will need. A yes would be nice, but it's not the end of the world wherever she goes if she's happy. Thanks for confirming regarding the OOA circumstances.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Haven't you had a formal naming of school or does not child not have an EHC?
KatharineB

Post by KatharineB »

She didnt get her official diagnosis of Autism until Year 4 and her SENCO never applied for a EHCP for her. She does get help but is currently classed as being SEN but not 'statemented' so is treated the same as every other child for 11+ purposes (she didn't get extra time and had to do CAF).

She just got assigned to a new EP who I think used to be on the decision board for the council (i may not have to totally correct) regarding EHCP decisions and she was surprised she did not have one. I am hoping that this will be applied for soon (if it will help her) as I do worry about her transitioning to big school. It is also good that they support kids up until 25 years old and into employment.
Last edited by KatharineB on Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

KatharineB wrote:If it's a yes we will definitely get Burnham i think as it was our first preference that we would be eligible for.
Just checking your understanding here: When you say "first preference that we would be eligible for", remember that if you are deemed qualified, it doesn't knock out non-grammars higher up the list. If you have placed a comprehensive above BGS and you're deemed qualified by the Bucks system, you would still be allocated the comprehensive place if you met its criteria.
KatharineB

Post by KatharineB »

The only school we had above it was a Slough Grammar school. She failed to qualify by 1 mark on that exam so won't be eligible without an appeal.
Last edited by KatharineB on Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

I see. Phew!
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

I remember you from pre-results: fingers crossed the SR goes through, your DD was so close I hope that she’ll get the result you want. I’ve heard from parents that BGS is very good with SEN support, and as a school for DD1 I can’t fault it so far.
Good luck!
KatharineB

Post by KatharineB »

So good to hear from you I was meaning to send you a message after I saw both girls sing at Eton so beautifully. I'll be happy with whatever now as long as it's certain.

I hope you both are well and had a good Christmas.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now