Bursary visit(ors)

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hardatworkmom

Bursary visit(ors)

Post by hardatworkmom »

Any advice on what to expect? Thank you
Last edited by hardatworkmom on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Bursary visit(ors)

Post by kenyancowgirl »

There are quite a few posts on home visits for bursary applications in the independent section of the forum - have a look at those for a general overview of what to expect.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

We had a home visit last week and it was absolutely fine. Quite enjoyable really. They put us at ease instantly and chatted with our DD for the most part. She also had her own interview at the school a few days later. I don't know how it will vary from school to school.
Positive17

Post by Positive17 »

@hardworkmum

Hi was wondering which school is it thats visiting your home?
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

It may be the bursar and one of the Masters. It's all very informal and they're just re-checking your financial information (and that you don't have a Picasso stuffed under the sofa!). I think they are also sussing out whether, as a family, you will be a good 'fit' for the school.
Elky

Post by Elky »

I had a home visit last week for a bursary application. It was totally fine. They were very nice and we all just chatted for about half an hour, then they left. No idea of outcome yet but honestly, there is nothing to be scared of. They could not have been nicer.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now