Non-Qual SR & SATS

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
muddledmum

Non-Qual SR & SATS

Post by muddledmum »

Dear Etienne,
We have a non-qualification for Selection review and were told that the academic evidence corresponds to the 11+ score. Our DD achieved 5M for reading and maths and 5S for writing at the end of year 5 with predictions of 111-120 for both maths and English and Greater depth for writing. My question is: what would be considered high academic evidence? Thank you :|
Guest55

Re: Non-Qual SR & SATS

Post by Guest55 »

The Head was asked to give KS1 levels and the assessments for Y3, Y4 and Y5 which made it clear whether the child was 'below expected, 'met expectations' or 'exceeded'. The Year 5 assessments are not in that format ... were M and S explained?

I think panels are looking for a score near 121, high HT recommendation [with those recommendation matching the 11+ outcomes in his/her school], clear progress from 'solid' KS1 levels to KS2, anything else like reading age, CATS that support GS.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to Appeals! :)

I agree with what Guest55 has written.

111-120 for both maths and English, and greater depth for writing, is fine - so the question is "Do these predictions look realistic in the light of what has gone before?"

Review panels, I suspect, would like to see level 3s at KS1.
Then, as Guest 55 explains, for Y3 - Y5 headteachers were very specifically asked to indicate "below expected", "met expectations" or "exceeded".
"5M" and "5S" is the school's own system, and not very meaningful to anyone on the outside.

It helps to have a score near 121, and a high HT recommendation (provided that the recommendation really does look realistic in the light of the 11+ outcomes for the school).

There is further advice on academic evidence in the Q&As:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

muddledmum wrote:Our DD achieved 5M for reading and maths and 5S for writing at the end of year 5 with predictions of 111-120 for both maths and English and Greater depth for writing. My question is: what would be considered high academic evidence? Thank you :|

In subsequent posts a score of 121 is mentioned? Surely that isn't possible in the KS2 SATs with 120 being the highest possible score or am I misinformed?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The '121' in Etienne's post the the Transfer Test score needed for GS qualification.

You are correct that the highest 'score' in KS2 tests is 120.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now