Whitgift school offers out??

Post by Zarataha »

Is whitgift school offers out or not yet ?very nervous
ToadMum

Re: Whitgift school offers out??

Post by ToadMum »

Zarataha wrote:Is whitgift school offers out or not yet ?very nervous
http://www.whitgift.co.uk/prospectivepa ... PageID=677

Offers posted Feb 8th, decisions to be made by March 5th.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Qusay02

Post by Qusay02 »

Has anyone received a letter from Whitgift Foundation scholarship for Trinity yet? I have received only place offer from the school but nothing from the Foundation!!!
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

Sorry to say if your offer letter doesn’t mention a scholarship it means your son hasn’t been awarded one. The scholarships offers do not come separately.
Qusay02

Post by Qusay02 »

So, you mean the Academic scholarship would be in same letter of the headmaster? We were confirmed by the head in interview day that my DS did extremely well in in the test.
nylon14

Post by nylon14 »

Yes, for all the schools that we applied to the scholarship award was included in the acceptance letter.
Mittleme

Post by Mittleme »

Qusay02: maybe you need to call them for more details .

Similar situation I was told at the parents interview that DS did very well and

this is how much '' bursary the Bursers office has awarded and lo and behold the full fee offer letter came with no bursary awarded.
I then called the Office yesterday for some explanation and told them I was confused
I was told after the overall results were collated, when the governors/whoever sat after all the interviews that my son came so and so place in the ranking and that due to his place in the ranking the award could not reach us.

ridiculous !!! this 11 plus is a joke .

this process is just too stressfull. how well is well when all the results/ranking is

I did not experience this much stress with DD 2 years ago. it was so easy I only put 2 schools as we had no other ones and she got top marks.

its different for every child . what a tough journey of sleepless nights .
Last edited by Mittleme on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qusay02

Post by Qusay02 »

Is the academic scholarship included in the bursary ? I haven’t received any letter at all from the foundation even in offer letter stated that bursary clerk would get in touch with us? We do not know if this related to academic scholarship or not??? Please advise
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

I'm afraid it's not completely clear from your post exactly what was written in your offer letter. Can you copy the exact wording?
Mittleme

Post by Mittleme »

Qusay02: your question has been answered . you only get whats in the letter as Moonunit has said. I know its confusing as you got a different feel at the interview but call the Admissions Office on Monday for more explanation. they are in the best position to tell you all

the letter they sent you yesterday is what they have arrived at after they came together and looked at thee th rankings of each child and made their decision