Thank You, Daogroupie

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
G-Girl

Thank You, Daogroupie

Post by G-Girl »

Before I disappear from this forum, I would like to thank Daogroupie who has given an enormous amount of time and good, accurate information to this forum.

Over the past three years, we have gleaned much helpful information and advice. Your generosity is, I am sure, much appreciated by many posters and lurkers on this site (and you even manage to stay clear of the sniping contributors!).

We really appreciate all your posts and have learnt so much.

Thank you!
scary mum

Re: Thank You, Daogroupie

Post by scary mum »

Why not hang around & help future members? That is how this forum keeps going, with people sharing their experiences & advice.
scary mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

DG is a tutor who earns her living from tutoring - many people give up time to help without hoping for any finanical gain from their input.

It would be helpful if having got what you want from the forum that you stay to help others ...
Amber

Post by Amber »

+1 to both of those posts (scary and guest). There are those of us with no financial incentive to help on here; and it is really nice if people who have benefited from the advice on the forum can find it in themselves to stay and help others. A diversity of opinion is also one of the good things about this place - so everyone can contribute.
mad?

Post by mad? »

+2
mad?
Rosy Pippin

Post by Rosy Pippin »

Hi G - Girl - lovely message: DAOg posts reach far and wide with no expectation of "business" but do stay on the forum if you can and pay it forward for others - even if you don't think you'd have much to contribute, you'd be surprised how many topics on here are relevant even "afterwards"! I've had great advice and support and even just knowing that you are not alone from reading posts and getting tips and advice is sometimes a great boost - parenting can be a lonely place! Rosie
It takes a village to raise a child
KS10

Post by KS10 »

And if nothing else you can always exchange recipes on here.
Rosy Pippin

Post by Rosy Pippin »

:lol:
It takes a village to raise a child
Itsnotoveryet

Post by Itsnotoveryet »

I found this forum very late. I have still found that the information and advice has been extremely useful. I’ve decided to stay on and help/advice where I can. I may not have as much info as some of the tutors, teachers or those working in the field. However, any feedback I can offer regards to our journey, our experience and the current support our DDs have at their schools I’m happy to give as a parent. So it’s only fair to stay and help contributed where you can.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Itsnotoveryet wrote:I found this forum very late. I have still found that the information and advice has been extremely useful. I’ve decided to stay on and help/advice where I can. I may not have as much info as some of the tutors, teachers or those working in the field. However, any feedback I can offer regards to our journey, our experience and the current support our DDs have at their schools I’m happy to give as a parent. So it’s only fair to stay and help contributed where you can.
Agreed, I have little to offer in the way of "technical" expertise, but I am happy to offer a (mostly) sympathetic ear. Having had 3 children go through the 11 plus, GCSEs, A level & university, I hope I have some perspective on these things that may be useful to others. And I've made some friends, both virtual & real.
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now