Appeal help

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
silversurfer

Appeal help

Post by silversurfer »

Hi, I will briefly describe my situation to give you an overview.

My daughter scored 521 in the Medway test, to our surprise scoring 98 in the extended writing, her story writing is usually her strong subject.

We know that she put a silly ending to her story which possibly could have lost her valuable marks.

Should we mention this at the appeal?

What sort of questions should we ask the panel?

We feel our case is weak as we do not have headteacher support.

What points should we emphasize at the hearing, would it be best to focus on the fact that she only just missed the pass mark and she didnt perform on the day, maybe due to nerves. Her overall academic performance is good and she attends a high performing school.

Any comments would be most welcome as I am beginning to panic as the date draws closer and I want to feel prepared.

Thank you
ealingmum

Post by ealingmum »

Why don't you have the support of your school. What reason did they give.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

We know that she put a silly ending to her story which possibly could have lost her valuable marks.
Should we mention this at the appeal?
It might be worth a very brief mention if the panel ask you why you think she underperformed, otherwise I suggest not.
What sort of questions should we ask the panel?
They ask the questions!
What points should we emphasize at the hearing, would it be best to focus on the fact that she only just missed the pass mark and she didnt perform on the day, maybe due to nerves. Her overall academic performance is good and she attends a high performing school.
It's best to focus on all the academic evidence you can gather. See Q&As, B11.

You say her overall academic performance is good, so, like ealingmum, I wonder why the school is not supporting?

Good luck
Etienne