11 Plus Entry to SPS (boys) from state schools

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

RKS

11 Plus Entry to SPS (boys) from state schools

Post by RKS »

Just a generic query if anybody has felt that the 11 plus selection process is biased towards prep schools in SPS(boys)? DS got offer from WUS last week. We have tried SPS twice (11 plus deferred in year 5 and 11 plus this year) and both the time we have been told that DS's written performance wasn't good enough for an interview though talking to DS, WUS exam was much more difficult compared to SPS written test and they invite much less number of student for interview.
I could be wrong but do they entertain candidates from certain prep schools only?
Daogroupie

Re: 11 Plus Entry to SPS (boys) from state schools

Post by Daogroupie »

Absolutely not.

I know three students from state schools who sat the 10 plus and are interviewing this week and three who sat the 11 plus last year and who joined the school last September.

SPS plan to be needs blind within 15 years so they are very keen to attract state school applications.

However the students I know of have very strong comprehension and composition skills so as this has been flagged to you both times it is clearly a key ingredient in their selection process. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now