New starting today, is score diff from bucks eg 121?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
TheHurdle

New starting today, is score diff from bucks eg 121?

Post by TheHurdle »

Is score for Kendrick different cut off than from Bucks at 121?

If you dont make the score can you get in?

I like Kendrick - prefer BHS but our local school is Newlands.

Not sure how any of this works as only today did I start my research.

My DD has never been tutored but many of her cohort at school have. When should I start? She got great marks last PE so I am hoping she has a chance. Does anyone know if many children go from Maidenhead to Kendrick>
Guest55

Re: New starting today, is score diff from bucks eg 121?

Post by Guest55 »

What year is your DD in? Tinekers is our Kendrick expert; it is a completely different exam to the Bucks Transfer Test.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Maidenhead appears to be in the Designated Area, so presumably girls from maidenhead do go to Kendrick

The admissions policy etc is here

http://www.kendrick.reading.sch.uk/admissions/

Out of interest, what's the matter with Newlands?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

There’s a few from Maidenhead but not very many. Most are more local to Reading.
Train seems to be the best option.
There’s the historic data for admissions for kendrick at the top of the Berkshire forum. On my phone so difficult to do links at the moment.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Think this is your link Tinkers: https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 10&t=44651" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

It wouldn't be a great journey from Maidenhead to Beaconsfield. It's not far but it's a slow journey in the morning. I wouldn't have thought there would be any coaches as there wouldn't be many doing the journey. Newlands is well thought of, I believe.
scary mum
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

TheHurdle wrote:Is score for Kendrick different cut off than from Bucks at 121?

If you dont make the score can you get in?
Minimum mark for Kendrick used to be 110 but I can't actually see a score mentioned in the admission policy for 2019. Entry. The cutoff hasn't actually been that low for a number of years - m ore girls want places than there are places to give.
The Kendrick score bears no relation to the Bucks one so you cannot deduce that 110 being less than 121 means that the Kendrick test is easier or anything like that.
TheHurdle wrote:
I like Kendrick - prefer BHS but our local school is Newlands.

Not sure how any of this works as only today did I start my research.

My DD has never been tutored but many of her cohort at school have. When should I start? She got great marks last PE so I am hoping she has a chance. Does anyone know if many children go from Maidenhead to Kendrick>
Let us know what year your DD is in - you will get better advice. My DD is there and has been very happy.
TheHurdle

Post by TheHurdle »

I dont know how to lift somoene comment but to the poster who said WHAT YEAR IS YOUR DD IN.

She is in Year 5..

Which school is your dd in who is very happy
TheHurdle

Post by TheHurdle »

I dont doubt for one second the Kendrick test is easier they said yesterday 900 girls for 96 places :shock: :D :D

Im just wondering what sort of different prep we need eg - non verbal reasoning is clear for me to get my head round,...she will need to understand the shape stuff and patterns but what else can be that different>
TheHurdle

Post by TheHurdle »

Tinkers wrote:There’s a few from Maidenhead but not very many. Most are more local to Reading.
Train seems to be the best option.
There’s the historic data for admissions for kendrick at the top of the Berkshire forum. On my phone so difficult to do links at the moment.

Tinkers we are in catchment - what shall I do with the information on the link at the risk of sounding obtuse? :lol:

Also what does top mark mean, they said yesterday once mark to pass is hit it doesn't matter what mark over that the child gets they just didn't tell me the mark :shock: