Clutching at straws .... Wilmington

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Novice mum

Clutching at straws .... Wilmington

Post by Novice mum »

Does any one know whether it is at all possible to get into Wilmington on appeal if you are outside of the catchment area . I.e the outer area that offers have been allocated to.
We are aprox 7 miles from Wilmington ... So no way possible we could be offered a place . But on appeal could it become a possibility or would we be wasting our time ?
.... Have put Wilmington down on our CAF ....
Regards,
Novice mum
PettswoodFiona

Re: Clutching at straws .... Wilmington

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Looking at past posts I see you are looking for your DS. Did your son get a really high score as if so he may qualify that way? Distance is no object for the high scorers. We rarely hear on this forum what that score is as it is such a small number of eligible students.

If you look on Peter’s Kent Advice site (hope that is ok to mention moderators, I do like to note my sources where possible) then he does explain in an article from 2014, a year after the admissions changes at the school, that a lot of appeals were heard but not many did succeed, there was a great chance of success for those who scored higher as there was a category for a small number of high scorers regardless of location in the admissions criteria. You could ask the admissions people at the school how many appeals were heard and how many were successful if you don’t find it elsewhere. Pop over to the appeals section where they have some great advice about how to appeal for a school.
Novice mum

Post by Novice mum »

Thanks for response pettswood Fiona. Yip you are right it's for my son. He missed Bexley by 1 point ,as regards Kent not a very high score he got 347 so not in that 10% that would get a place regardless. So very much a clutching at straws senario. It's been made more desperate by the shadow over Bullerswood for boys.
The Lamp Post

Post by The Lamp Post »

Make sure you go on the waiting list if you don't get a place. There be people accepting offers for private schools and other schools
Fingerscrossedmum

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

Just seen that Bullers Boys has been approved for the temporary site if that helps.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Fingerscrossedmum wrote:Just seen that Bullers Boys has been approved for the temporary site if that helps.
That's great news!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now