Allocations day!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ellarootoo

Allocations day!

Post by Ellarootoo »

Good luck everyone!

Good news here - DD got the place she wanted at KEVIGS. I was convinced she wouldn’t, as I’ve heard so many people say that you have to be tutored to get a place if you’re OOC and out of county. We would have been quite happy with our catchment school (hence not bothering with tutoring) but we just loved KEVIGS every time we visited, and I’m so pleased for DD. Can’t wait to tell her in the morning!
Last edited by Ellarootoo on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pluto11

Re: Allocations day!

Post by Pluto11 »

My son will be joining her! Was convinced he wouldn’t get in since he was in the lowest bracket for admissions, guess he must have done really well on the test. Just want him to wake up now so I can tell him!
KaryD

Post by KaryD »

I’m glad to hear good news for you both.

I’ve just had the tricky task of telling my son he got a place at Kings and my daughter that she didn’t at KGGS. We’re OOC. They wanted me to wake them up in the night to tell them but I couldn’t face it when I saw the allocations.
Pluto11

Post by Pluto11 »

KaryD wrote:I’m glad to hear good news for you both.

I’ve just had the tricky task of telling my son he got a place at Kings and my daughter that she didn’t at KGGS. We’re OOC. They wanted me to wake them up in the night to tell them but I couldn’t face it when I saw the allocations.
Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope they took it ok x
Sarah1865red

Post by Sarah1865red »

Unfortunately my dd missed out on KGGS too and is quite disappointed. Going to join the waiting list but not sure if many get in that way? We live 12.7 miles away from the school and I know of somebody who got in 12.3 miles away so we didn't miss out by much!!

Well done in this securing places :-)
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

Pluto11 wrote:My son will be joining her! Was convinced he wouldn’t get in since he was in the lowest bracket for admissions, guess he must have done really well on the test. Just want him to wake up now so I can tell him!
Brilliant news, Pluto!
Last edited by Ellarootoo on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

KaryD wrote:I’m glad to hear good news for you both.

Oh no, that is tricky. Are they twins or just very close in age? Hope they’re ok about it, and your daughter will be happy at the school she got.
Ellarootoo

Post by Ellarootoo »

Sarah1865red wrote:Unfortunately my dd missed out on KGGS too and is quite disappointed. Going to join the waiting list but not sure if many get in that way? We live 12.7 miles away from the school and I know of somebody who got in 12.3 miles away so we didn't miss out by much!!

Well done in this securing places :-)
Fingers crossed for you on the waiting list. It sounds like you must be near the top of the list if it just goes by distance.
Rhinoguy

Post by Rhinoguy »

Son got into KEVIGS ! We live in Grimsby. Over the moon ! Congratulations everyone who got places! Now we can relax and plan ahead. Son look forward for induction days in June and tell us about it!
KaryD

Post by KaryD »

Ellarootoo wrote:
Oh no, that is tricky. Are they twins or just very close in age? Hope they’re ok about it, and your daughter will be happy at the school she got.
They’re twins. We’re very fortunate that our local school is great but she had her heart set on KGGS so is feeling very low today. The logistical side of having them in different counties is weighing on my mind too!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now