Moving to Birmigham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Strongmind

Moving to Birmigham

Post by Strongmind »

hi all,

Need some good guides where are the good residential area to stay which can easily commute to KES camphill and good primary school for our DD ( year 3 in sep).
kenyancowgirl

Re: Moving to Birmigham

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Seriously? Did you not think about all this when you applied....?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Where do you live at the moment? Is you elder DC able to commute to KECHB/G initially, if you have difficulty placing your younger one?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
um

Post by um »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Seriously? Did you not think about all this when you applied....?
Lots of people apply with the intention of moving closer if a place is offered.
I know of many families who moved to Kings Heath/area for that reason including a few on our street; when dd got her CHG place, we moved too :)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

um wrote:
kenyancowgirl wrote:Seriously? Did you not think about all this when you applied....?
Lots of people apply with the intention of moving closer if a place is offered.
I know of many families who moved to Kings Heath/area for that reason including a few on our street; when dd got her CHG place, we moved too :)
What is the likely position on mid-year vacancies for a year 2 / 3 sibling, though? In the area with which I am familiar (admittedly not in Birmingham) moving schools can be extremely difficult, hence the number that go to appeal.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
um

Post by um »

We moved to a house barely 200m from a 4 form entry primary school when dc5 was in Reception.
He never received a place - stayed at home until Y2 when we accepted a place at a good school a little further away.
However the start of Y3 is when places often do become available in schools or at least, appeals can be accepted as there are no longer legal class size limits then.

As I said before, quite a few families do consider moving when they know they have a GS place - but this poster seems a little unsure generally about plans :?
kentish_man

Post by kentish_man »

Strongmind wrote:hi all,

Need some good guides where are the good residential area to stay which can easily commute to KES camphill and good primary school for our DD ( year 3 in sep).
I can say without a shadow of doubt, that this is the place for you...
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 62666.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2 miles from Camp Hill school, 2 miles from the City Centre, direct access to Cannon Hill Park from the end of the street.
What's not to like :wink: :wink: :wink:
Strongmind

Post by Strongmind »

kentish_man wrote:
Strongmind wrote:hi all,

I can say without a shadow of doubt, that this is the place for you...
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 62666.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2 miles from Camp Hill school, 2 miles from the City Centre, direct access to Cannon Hill Park from the end of the street.
What's not to like :wink: :wink: :wink:
Thank you so much
Strongmind

Post by Strongmind »

um wrote:We moved to a house barely 200m from a 4 form entry primary school when dc5 was in Reception.
He never received a place - stayed at home until Y2 when we accepted a place at a good school a little further away.
However the start of Y3 is when places often do become available in schools or at least, appeals can be accepted as there are no longer legal class size limits then.

As I said before, quite a few families do consider moving when they know they have a GS place - but this poster seems a little unsure generally about plans :?
Yes, we only consider when our DS got a place in Grammar school and dont want to risk the whole family if not getting in the place. Thanks for understanding. I will see how it goes with public transport from Rugby for a short time but not the long term travel plan until we get a suitable place to stay especially for our little girl.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Strongmind wrote:
um wrote:We moved to a house barely 200m from a 4 form entry primary school when dc5 was in Reception.

Yes, we only consider when our DS got a place in Grammar school and dont want to risk the whole family if not getting in the place. Thanks for understanding. I will see how it goes with public transport from Rugby for a short time but not the long term travel plan until we get a suitable place to stay especially for our little girl.
I’m a little confused - if you live in Rugby, why not go to a Rugby GS?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now