Waiting List

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Katie custard

Waiting List

Post by Katie custard »

Do you have to call for BV to go on waiting list or is it done automatically?at 219
helen0209

Re: Waiting List

Post by helen0209 »

Katie custard wrote:Do you have to call for BV to go on waiting list or is it done automatically?at 219
If it is listed higher on your CAF than they school you have been allocated you will automatically be on a W/L. You will be able to find out where on the W/L you are on 26th March by calling the LEA.
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

When is the best time to start an appeal?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Caveman47 wrote:When is the best time to start an appeal?
You may need to start collecting information for the appeal so good idea to have a look at what is needed and start on that - there is some info here
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

First of all you would need to look and post on the appeals section of this site. Our appeal deadlined in the April of the year (in terms of submitting documents). However, on 208 you are on the cutoff for HGS and are in a strong position to get a place sooner rather than later, so hopefully appeal is not necessary.
excitedmumanddad

Post by excitedmumanddad »

helen0209 wrote:
Katie custard wrote:Do you have to call for BV to go on waiting list or is it done automatically?at 219
If it is listed higher on your CAF than they school you have been allocated you will automatically be on a W/L. You will be able to find out where on the W/L you are on 26th March by calling the LEA.
Do we contact LEA or BV / KEF directly? My LEA advised me to contact KEF directly when I approached them about CHB waiting lists.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

excitedmumanddad wrote:
helen0209 wrote:
Do we contact LEA or BV / KEF directly? My LEA advised me to contact KEF directly when I approached them about CHB waiting lists.
It is the LEA for BV and SCGSG and the KE Foundation for the KE Schools.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Ricky74 wrote:
First of all you would need to look and post on the appeals section of this site. Our appeal deadlined in the April of the year (in terms of submitting documents). However, on 208 you are on the cutoff for HGS and are in a strong position to get a place sooner rather than later, so hopefully appeal is not necessary.
Agree with Ricky74. On 208 you will secure a place at HGS, unless you are appealing for a different school? Not wanting to repeat myself for people who have known me for a while, but 2 years ago DS1 scored 206 and the cut off for HGS was 209. He was 45th on the W/L and obtained a place at the end of June. Hope that helps.
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

Yes Ricky74 that helps. Lol

I have heard that 210 has been offered a place at HGS.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

It's confirmed as 208 on the website https://www.birminghamgrammarschools.or ... and-offers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Therefore, they have cut on 208 but go on distance when several scores are the same, which means that on 208 you must have lived further than the final cut off. Again, a strong position to be in on the waiting list as you don't live too far from the school (as some applicants may).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now