Allocation discussion 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ashu

Re: Allocation discussion 2018

Post by Ashu »

anyone else who got a place in RHS, I am asking that whether the school name is correct - there are so many schools named as Rugby...
It does not specify its the girls grammar so doubting..
Rugbymumto2

Post by Rugbymumto2 »

http://www.rugbyhighschool.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is their website, no mention in their name of girls or grammar, there never has been. There are also NO other schools you can apply to in Rugby through Warwickshire that have Rugby in their name.
EllieMum

Post by EllieMum »

Seeking a little clarity as the key in the email doesn't explain - we have

Preference 1: Place requested (so understand this means waiting list)
Preference 2: LA has received the application

Does the latter mean that place has not been offered, and could change if we remove Preference 1?

Based on the other allocation thread, score received is not AQS or clearly in for either choice.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Are you out of area? If so contact the LA you live in and check that they have submitted your application correctly to warks. This looks like they have received it but not allocated yet....
Ashu

Post by Ashu »

Rugbymumto2 wrote:http://www.rugbyhighschool.co.uk/

This is their website, no mention in their name of girls or grammar, there never has been. There are also NO other schools you can apply to in Rugby through Warwickshire that have Rugby in their name.
i thought there is another Rugby Free school which came as a choice. But looks like Rugby High School seems to be the right one.
Thanks.
EllieMum

Post by EllieMum »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Are you out of area? If so contact the LA you live in and check that they have submitted your application correctly to warks. This looks like they have received it but not allocated yet....
hmm, thanks KCG - that might have made sense but no, in-area for both (southern)
Just opened letter and Preference 2 isn't on there... may flick across an email to Warks.

JatinderMehta1

Post by JatinderMehta1 »

Hello. Cant get through to the WCC - does anyone have their waiting list number yet from SGGS?
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

A silly question. The offers have been made, but it seems there are quite a few screw ups by Warks and that there are many people who did not get an offer they should have had. How are they going to have enough spaces to sort this out? Will they have kept some spaces back and thus the waiting lists will be less likely to be used or will they push the class sizes larger? I assume they will not be taking away offers from people that they have already made them to?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

likely they will either be offered directly or asthere will always be some movement on waiting lists they will be put at the top of the waiting list and offered places v soon
TiaMarr

Post by TiaMarr »

Milkfloat wrote:A silly question. The offers have been made, but it seems there are quite a few screw ups by Warks and that there are many people who did not get an offer they should have had. How are they going to have enough spaces to sort this out? Will they have kept some spaces back and thus the waiting lists will be less likely to be used or will they push the class sizes larger? I assume they will not be taking away offers from people that they have already made them to?

Not a silly question at all. Been wondering that myself all day, and yes worrying! There are some children that have gained high marks but not secured places (seemingly due to cross boundary applications and failure of all the various local authorities to communicate correctly).

Is this going to lead to a withdrawal of offers?

There is a wealth of superb knowledge on this forum. I would appreciate views on this.