Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KB

CRGS 11+ Open evening

Post by KB »

Tuesday 26th June 2018, 6.30pm start.
No booking required.
Parking usually a nightmare due to lack of space in school and restricted street parking. If you need to drive it's wise to arrive early. Or park at St Mary's car park - 10 minute walk.
ToadMum

Re: CRGS 11+ Open evening

Post by ToadMum »

KB wrote:Tuesday 26th June 2018, 6.30pm start.
No booking required.
Parking usually a nightmare due to lack of space in school and restricted street parking. If you need to drive it's wise to arrive early. Or park at St Mary's car park - 10 minute walk.
Perhaps the Ilford minibus company will put on a special service for the occasion? Rates looking for somewhere to park and never takes longer than am hour to get there :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
HopefulMumto2boys

Post by HopefulMumto2boys »

Same date as Westcliff High School for Boys...... BAD PLANNING!!!!!
Souvik

Post by Souvik »

hi all

is there any CRGS parents whatsapp group or Facebook group available?
or should we creat one, I am sure that will help us in future

thanks
Albatros30

Post by Albatros30 »

Souvik wrote:hi all

is there any CRGS parents whatsapp group or Facebook group available?
or should we creat one, I am sure that will help us in future

thanks
Hi Souvik, I am not aware of any have ever been set up, I might be wrong. However, I don't think it will be necessary as information from school is usually very clear and these boys have to learn to be independent and should inform their parents about what's going on. One or few things might be missed by these boys, but I guess it is part of their learning :-)
KB

Post by KB »

HopefulMumto2boys wrote:Same date as Westcliff High School for Boys...... BAD PLANNING!!!!!
Are there locations from which travel to both is feasible? I'm guessing the school doesn't realise there are or would have avoided the clash.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

KB wrote:
HopefulMumto2boys wrote:Same date as Westcliff High School for Boys...... BAD PLANNING!!!!!
Are there locations from which travel to both is feasible? I'm guessing the school doesn't realise there are or would have avoided the clash.
Someone in Colchester has posted elsewhere that they have been allocated their 4th preference, SHSB, so presumably anywhere from Foulness to Ipswich?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mum of boys

Post by mum of boys »

KB wrote:
Possibly Chelmsford or Braintree area?
KB

Post by KB »

Can see how Chelmsford might work. Worth pointing out to the school for future planning.