Herts school allocations are out

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hera

Herts school allocations are out

Post by Hera »

I have just had my email through. Hope everyone is happy with their allocations.
Middlesexmum

Re: Herts school allocations are out

Post by Middlesexmum »

Thank you hera, hope it's good news for you.

I'm in Harrow so will probably have to wait till 5pm! These last hours are horrendous!
Rab20

Post by Rab20 »

We got none of our four choices. I’m trying not to cry and haven’t told my son as he’s so excited.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Really sorry to hear this. I hope you are high on some waiting lists.

There will be lots of SW herts places handed back in the next week as parents decide to take the private school offers instead. DG
Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue »

Rab20 - bad luck. We got our 4th choice (our "safety school") so also not over the moon.

But I know from doing this with my older one there's an awfully long way to go until September. In that case we didn't get the school we wanted until last week of August - but we got it in the end. Don't give up hope just yet.

Ps for us older one is at single sex school. Younger one can't go there as one's a girl and one's a boy. Sibling rule would just be too easy!!
Otter

Post by Otter »

Violetsareblue wrote:Ps for us older one is at single sex school. Younger one can't go there as one's a girl and one's a boy. Sibling rule would just be too easy!!
I assume you're not referring to the Watford Grammar schools, where the cross-sibling rule applies?
Rab20

Post by Rab20 »

Thanks, we knew it could happen as last year we would only have qualified for three of our on continuing interest. We did hope that the extra 150 pan would have helped but it seems not.
Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue »

Hi Otter - no not in Watford. In St Albans where state boys and girls have no cross sibling rule.

Waiting to see cutoffs for SW Herts consortium schools in case there's a chance on continuing interest lists. Unfortunately Parmiters now won't publish 2018 cutoff until Monday (as the school is closed due to snow). However other consortium schools that have published look to have increased cutoff scores from last year - so our score maybe too low to get a place even on CI. Disappointed but need to see official cutoffs!
Dotty2468

Post by Dotty2468 »

Don’t panic if you don’t get what you want in this round, we got none of our choices in round 1 but our first choice in the second round after staying on CI as we were just at the cut off score for previous year.
Louey

Post by Louey »

We've had good news - DS has got his first choice (grammar in Bucks).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now