Newstead - 2018 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PettswoodFiona

Newstead - 2018 entry

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I am thinking of all those waiting for offers tomorrow. I thought I would start a thread for those getting offers or wondering if they might get an offer from the waiting list.

For 2016 entry the score eventually went down to 215 but wasn't repeated for 2017 entry but I didn't hear what it eventually went down to, only that it wasn't as low as 215.

If people who didn't get offers and are close to the cut off would prefer not to post here then PM me and I will post on your behalf but without naming names. Similarly if you get an offer but think you are close to the cut-off and would prefer not to post the score but want to share it as it would be helpful to others, again PM me if you feel comfortable doing so.

For those who do get places congratulations but please also consider those who don't and be mindful of what you say and how you say it.

Good luck everyone.
loaf33

Re: Newstead - 2018 entry

Post by loaf33 »

I thought it would be useful to say that my daughter was offered a place and she was on the waiting list last year. Her score was 219 and she was 10th on the waiting list on offer day. She was offered a place in mid April, when the first offers had all been returned and processed.

For anyone on the waiting list who wants a place, I would advise emailing the school admissions department and stating that you would definitely accept a place if your daughter is offered one.

And if it helps, DD is absolutely loving Newstead. And as I parent, I have found the communication excellent, and likewise the support for the girls too. Obviously others may have had different experiences, but ours has been very positive so far.

Good luck to all!!
Seendy1

Post by Seendy1 »

Thank You Loaf33. That is useful info. Fingers crossed for my DD.
Shortlands Mum

Post by Shortlands Mum »

Hi my daughter wasn't offered a place today at Newstead, her score was 209 (we didn't expect it with this score).
Grey824

Post by Grey824 »

Thank you PettswoodFiona this would be really helpful as we are now cheerleading for my DD's best friend. Thank you Loaf33 that is really helpful.

I logged into the eadmissions website this time round as last year my email didn't arrive until gone 10pm and the app message wasn't sent until 6:20pm. I logged on just before 5pm today and the result is on there, though I have still not received an email or app update.

I have just accepted my DD's place at Newstead. We are now desperately keeping our fingers crossed for her best friend who may or may not be offered a place from the waiting list.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Congratulations Grey824 to your DD and I hope your friend’s DD gets a place too. I haven’t had any near cut off messages so nothing to report so far

If any starters have questions about the school from uniform to induction do ask. DD is loving NW and currently in Y8.
Grey824

Post by Grey824 »

Thank you PettswoodFiona. I have been reading all of your posts and find them extremely useful and informative. I shall definitely take you up on your offer of advice.

Thank you.
Happy hamster

Post by Happy hamster »

Huge congratulations to all who got newstead place, very well done! Could those who did v kindly let us know the scores, either by posting or messaging Fiona as per her email. If anyone got in with scores in the lower end that'd be exceptionally helpful. Thanks all, and particularly Fiona. Congratulations again!
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Hello I have had one brave person message me to say her DD got 222 and has not been offered a place. I am hopeful in time they will get a place as it is above the traditional cut off by a good few points. Thank you to this person and so hope it is helpful to others.

Is there anyone there on 223, 224 or 225 who have offers or rejections? Again if you’d rather not post then message me and I respect your confidence.

Ultimately you will be pleased to hear the girls do not discuss who got what score and I get the impression it makes no difference in the long term.
Hope2018

Post by Hope2018 »

I have heard from friends who got offers for 222 and 225. My DD's score is a bit lower so fingers crossed for the next round.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now