Townley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mrs Malaprop

Townley

Post by Mrs Malaprop »

Does anyone know how far out Townley came? According to Google Maps, we're about 7.7 miles by walking route, but no offer. Hoping to get a feel for how far down the waiting list we might be.

Any info at all gratefully received.
Happy hamster

Re: Townley

Post by Happy hamster »

Hi. We did not get townley either - it was our first choice. We are apparently 7.1 according to the school, but less than that according to free map tools. I'm hopeful it'll all be fine. It's only march. Plenty of time!
Mrs Malaprop

Post by Mrs Malaprop »

Happy hamster wrote:Hi. We did not get townley either - it was our first choice. We are apparently 7.1 according to the school, but less than that according to free map tools. I'm hopeful it'll all be fine. It's only march. Plenty of time!
Did the school give you your distance? I asked Bexley Council, but they wouldn't give it to me - just referred me to Google. Good luck for the second round and thanks for the info.
Seendy1

Post by Seendy1 »

We live at 5.5 miles and we did not get Townley either. It was our first choice.
Happy hamster

Post by Happy hamster »

Seendy is that 5.5 walking distance?! That's a big change.

Yes I asked school admissions lady at townley a while back and she typed my postcode into something and said it was 7.1 I think we're closer than that. Still, I think it'll come out much further, we just need to hang in there!
Lysianassa

Post by Lysianassa »

We live 6.5 according to google maps. We didn’t get it either. I wonder if the previous distances accepted include waiting list? I’m hoping so!
Mrs Malaprop

Post by Mrs Malaprop »

I'll be on the phone tomorrow and see if I can get the same info. We emailed her and she was very hopeful about our chances from here ... but it seems that things may have changed quite a bit this year.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Bexley use something which gives results very similar to this site:

https://www.freemaptools.com/how-far-is-it-between.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This will be good for calculating “as the crow flies” distances. Not sure if Townley still go on safest walking route? However, the other 3 Bexley grammars use direct distances.

Salsa
DadDee

Post by DadDee »

If it helps anyone, my DD has been offered a place at Townley, but we are going independent. So there is at least one free place in the next round.
Nachan

Post by Nachan »

We didn’t get Townley (1st choice) and are 6.6 miles away- thought this might be the case for first round of offers. Does anyone know when next round of offers happens? My DD didn’t get offered any of the schools on her list despite being within 2017-published catchments for all of them! We are all devastated here.