Ilford county.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Zaki

Ilford county.

Post by Zaki »

My son got accepted into ilford county! Super proud of him.
Positive17

Re: Ilford county.

Post by Positive17 »

@zaki

Congratulations and well done to your ds.
I do remember you post in the previous thread.

My ds has been offered a place too.
anhetaahmed

Post by anhetaahmed »

What was their score please
Positive17

Post by Positive17 »

Zaki

Post by Zaki »

Positive17 wrote:@zaki

Congratulations and well done to your ds.
I do remember you post in the previous thread.

My ds has been offered a place too.

That’s wonderful!!! My son got 110. But sooo glad he’s in
anhetaahmed

Post by anhetaahmed »

My son had 109. Unfortunately we live in hornchurch .he ended up in a ofsted 2 school here although he had 308.9 in CSSE which is enough for shoeburryness high school usually. I am surprised why he did not get it.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

anhetaahmed wrote:My son had 109. Unfortunately we live in hornchurch .he ended up in a ofsted 2 school here although he had 308.9 in CSSE which is enough for shoeburryness high school usually. I am surprised why he did not get it.
Shoeburyness is a good school and, as I have said elsewhere, very popular locally. But (as I have also posted elsewhere) although it is a member of the CSSE and has selective places, it is predominantly the local comprehensive for Shoeburyness. I seriously think that your DS would get very fed up with the journey from Hornchurch, pretty quickly.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
anhetaahmed

Post by anhetaahmed »

I was just wondering that was it right to apply from our borough of havering or it had to be from southend side. We had met the Principal earlier and he has assured it was a good score for shoeburryness high school.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

anhetaahmed wrote:I was just wondering that was it right to apply from our borough of havering or it had to be from southend side. We had met the Principal earlier and he has assured it was a good score for shoeburryness high school.
Wherever you are and wherever the schools are for which you are applying, you have to apply through your home LA. Your home LA liaises with the 'maintaining' LA of the school concerned (if outside your area), responses are collated by your home LA, highest 'yes' on your ranked list which can be offered, is offered to you. You could try asking. Southend Admissions (at the Civic Centre, not any of the schools) what the cut-off was for Shoeburyness selective places.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now