Bucks appeal advice

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Aye zee

Bucks appeal advice

Post by Aye zee »

Hi
We live in luton. My daughter pass 11 plus with (121+) but she has not secure her place because of catchment area.I applied to AHS as our firt preference but ditance 18.3 miles.. the other two options are SHF and BHS .. my question is do they consider our application .. is their any case in past who secure place with same distance. Kindly give me some advice
ToadMum

Re: Bucks appeal advice

Post by ToadMum »

Aye zee wrote:Hi
We live in luton. My daughter pass 11 plus with (121+) but she has not secure her place because of catchment area.I applied to AHS as our firt preference but ditance 18.3 miles.. the other two options are SHF and BHS .. my question is do they consider our application .. is their any case in past who secure place with same distance. Kindly give me some advice
Hi :)

The attachment here shows you the allocation profiles for the past few years:

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 94#p618263
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to Appeals! :)
is their any case in past who secure place with same distance
Yes - but catchment and distance are not necessarily the main issues at an appeal.
What matters for appeal purposes is why you want a place at the school being appealed for.
my question is do they consider our application
Yes, an appeal panel will consider your case, but it depends how strong your reasons are for wanting a place.

If you follow the link Tinkers has already given you elsewhere, we explain all you need to know with further links in section B ("Your child has qualified ..... BUT the school is oversubscribed").
Etienne
Aye zee

Post by Aye zee »

Thanks Etienne for you help.
My question is what are the strong reasons to convince them. I am choosing it it’s best grammar school . My daughter wants to pursue science and excel in this subject and AHS Offers exactly that for her.she is a top performer in her class and AHS really help to polish her skills.
One more thing as she passed her test does she really need support from her head teacher or any supporting document in front of appeal panel.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Have you read everything in the link that was posted on the other thread? It is here: https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 12&t=53659" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Section B is appropriate for you. It contains almost everything you need to know. Have a read and then ask questions if you need anything clarifying.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Aye zee wrote:Thanks Etienne for you help.
My question is what are the strong reasons to convince them. I am choosing it it’s best grammar school . My daughter wants to pursue science and excel in this subject and AHS Offers exactly that for her.she is a top performer in her class and AHS really help to polish her skills.
One more thing as she passed her test does she really need support from her head teacher or any supporting document in front of appeal panel.
Also, have a look here for some reasons for wanting to appeal: https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... -school#c2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I suspect that reasons relating to catchment, proximity, logistics, siblings and family links don't apply here so you need strong educational reasons. I will probe the reasons you've given above so you can see how they might be tested and where they are not strong.
I am choosing it it’s best grammar school.
Says who? More importantly, why is it the most suitable school for your daughter?
My daughter wants to pursue science and excel in this subject and AHS Offers exactly that for her.
Plenty of other schools deliver science subjects very well. What does AHS offer that is uniquely suitable for your daughter?
she is a top performer in her class and AHS really help to polish her skills.
Not relevant. She's proved her suitability by achieving a qualifying score.
Aye zee

Post by Aye zee »

Anotherdad can u advice me is it good to apply early.do they hear on first come bases.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Aye zee wrote:Anotherdad can u advice me is it good to apply early.do they hear on first come bases.
Have you read all the links given?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Aye zee wrote:Anotherdad can u advice me is it good to apply early.do they hear on first come bases.
Have you read the link? I strongly suggest you do so & then make a list of questions. Today will be a very busy day for Etienne & other appeals experts. Most of the information you need will be on here or the BCC website.
Sorry, cross-post with anotherdad!
scary mum
Aye zee

Post by Aye zee »

I am reading all the links that u sent as an attachment and I m reading other people cases on forum as well, but not came across any case which has not got place after passing 11 plus in bucks appeal section.So thing that confuses me what reason should I give? It’s a well known fact that mostly parents wants to send their kids to grammar school.they are good with competitive environment. Students studying there are serious in their studies.
I am serious about going there that’s why I work hard with my daughter and she passed her exam.what else proof they need.i don’t have any extenuating circumstances.I know AHS comes in top school list but they knew it, it’s quiet flattering to mention that.

I am really confuse about reasons. If u have any links that are similar to my case please sent it will be really helpful.
Thank you for ur help.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now