AGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hillybilly4

AGS

Post by Hillybilly4 »

Hi DD got a score of 233 and was not offered a place a AGS despite living in prime area, has anybody else experienced this and can you offer any advice. Still waiting for 11 plus advisor to contact me back and they are shut today :(
Moguie

Re: AGS

Post by Moguie »

Did you send in the paper work for address correctly and on time?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

HillyBilly: if you:

a) put the school first on the CAF
b) got the form and address info in on time

then you should get a place, you may be aware that we have seen a few people this year with this problem - some are in other LEA areas eg Worcs
TiaMarr

Post by TiaMarr »

If you check other posts on this forum you will notice that this has happened to a number of people this year and on previous years. My friends daughter has experienced the same thing. There is some good advice and comments out there which might help you.

It seems that it happens most when it is cross authority applications (eg live in Worcestershire applying for school in Warwickshire - and sometimes then even taking test in Birmingham!). Or if people have not submitted the proof of address information and/or application on time.

Sorry I cannot give advice. I am watching all these posts about this situation because of my friend's daughter, in the hope that I can pass on information - and because I am also hoping that my daughter's offer is not withdrawn which could happen if they have made too many mistakes.

I hope you manage to speak to the right person and manage to get it sorted.
Moguie

Post by Moguie »

TiaMarr wrote:If you check other posts on this forum you will notice that this has happened to a number of people this year and on previous years. My friends daughter has experienced the same thing. There is some good advice and comments out there which might help you.

It seems that it happens most when it is cross authority applications (eg live in Worcestershire applying for school in Warwickshire - and sometimes then even taking test in Birmingham!). Or if people have not submitted the proof of address information and/or application on time.

Sorry I cannot give advice. I am watching all these posts about this situation because of my friend's daughter, in the hope that I can pass on information - and because I am also hoping that my daughter's offer is not withdrawn which could happen if they have made too many mistakes.

I hope you manage to speak to the right person and manage to get it sorted.

I have this concern for my son too. It was break him if they withdrew his place. All along he has been very relaxed about the process so he did not get his hopes up then once he realised his results were potentially good enough to get a place he asked to put it down as first but accepted that we had no idea if he would. Now he has been offered a place he thinks he is dreaming and is so so happy. I could just cry right now as I don't want him let down by a stupid archeic system!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now