Transport from Reading to Slough Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

joes

Transport from Reading to Slough Schools

Post by joes »

My daughter got admission in St.Bernards for Sep 2018 entry. I would like to know if there is any Transport options available from Reading/Tilehurst/Earley areas. I would like to join if anyone interested to start a new pool. Please let me know...
joes

Re: Transport from Reading to Slough Schools

Post by joes »

I have contacted Fargo coaches who operates for Slough schools. They said they can start new service from Reading if there is enough children in the route. Anyone interested?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Tbh I don’t think that many travel that far for schools. The journey to Slough can be a bit fraught (I have a colleague who travels in the opposite direction everyday, after dropping his DCs at two different Slough GSs and he doesn’t understand why anyone would chose to do it in the opposite direction given the traffic he sees).

I believe Herschel operate a school bus from Earley, but don’t know the details.

Did you not have any decent local options?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The trains are fast, although you would have a walk or bus at each end. I wouldn't advise driving, it would be a nightmare & your DC would constantly be worrying about being marked late for school.
scary mum
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

joes wrote:...from Reading/Tilehurst/Earley areas...
Tilehurst and Earley are practically opposite sides of Reading. I’m a bit confused as to where you want to start from.

As SM says, train is the best option if you have good access to Reading train station or another on the right line.
hel_tcw

Post by hel_tcw »

My DD is in year 8 at St Bernards- one of her classmates catches the train in from Reading and then catches the 81 bus from the bus station.

It is used by a lot of kids going to SB, UGS, LGS and Dittom Park so she will have company. My D'S will also be starting there in September, if you have any questions about what happens next please feel free to pm me and I'll see if I can help you. Otherwise see you in July.