Allocation discussion 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Re: Allocation discussion 2018

Post by hermanmunster »

Sam1970, appreciate you are really frustrated about this - it is annoying and means you have some uncertainty for a few days. Are you sure that all the details are correct on the forms etc ?- I remember a few years back there was a child in similar situation where the date of birth was wrong.

Please try to stay calm, if the office is shut it is shut, if it was open I am sure they would be sorting things out as soon as they can. Not sure what you would hope to gain from legal action - likely to take a lot longer than the admissions team will take to sort this. If you want to speak to someone at the council, try your county councillor.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I understand you are upset but shouting the odds at the person you speak to, and threatening legal action won't do your case many favours. Yes there has been an error but it is unlikely to be the person you speak to, so don't go blaming them if you want them to help you. And the weather is extraordinary - well done you for getting in - a shame that your employer was t as sympathetic as the council to the treacherous conditions out there - nor to the advice from motoring organisations and the police who have said to only travel if necessary.

Take a deep breath, calm down - if your DD has scored enough to warrant an offer, and you applied on time etc and have the evidence, it will be sorted for you, so there is no need for you or your DD to worry all weekend.

Crossed with HM
Sam1970

Post by Sam1970 »

Thank you guys...I am not blaming the person who answers the phone..I am furious at the institution. If I did not save the emails from them confirming receipt of proof of address they would have sent us jogging.
MadDad1975

Post by MadDad1975 »

If a place is withdrawn because of an error, the Council will need to offer the place the child should have been offered if it was not for the identified fault. If this is at an oversubscribed school, then there might be a need to withdraw a place there as well. As virtually all secondary schools are academies, the schools need to take these decisions so it can take a while to sort out.
Moguie

Post by Moguie »

Hi. Not received letter yet. Rang and explained Previous letters have just never made to here so i asked her to resend or email it. the woman really could not give a monkeys and said I needed to wait for a few more days!

Asked for DS position out of the 120 off the letter and she said that's not on the letter. Is that right? It has been previously from what I gather.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Warks are now in contact with schools regarding the errors and issues, but there is legislation to be sorted out.

My niece has been told it will be sorted and someone will contact the Friday (see other topic about wrong offers)

I assume the legislation is want to do about children who shouldn't have the place. Donthey to over PAN and hope place es are turned down, or do they withdraw places?
Moguie

Post by Moguie »

nervousmom wrote:Warks are now in contact with schools regarding the errors and issues, but there is legislation to be sorted out.

My niece has been told it will be sorted and someone will contact the Friday (see other topic about wrong offers)

I assume the legislation is want to do about children who shouldn't have the place. Donthey to over PAN and hope place es are turned down, or do they withdraw places?
I assume if they withdrew places they start with category 6 then 5 to withdraw rather than scores
MelanieMac

Post by MelanieMac »

We have just been offered a place at KES this morning after an error.

I really hope they managed to do it without withdrawing any offers, but imagine it would be by category rather than score (but I don't know).

Good luck to anyone else waiting, hopefully they will all be sorted soon.