Waiting lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mj8784

Waiting lists

Post by mj8784 »

Hi - I'm a Greenwich parent and missed out on Beths just by a tiny amount by the sounds of it (we're 6.3 miles and a friend who lives 6.2 miles away confirmed her son got a place).

I'm confused as to how to get on the waiting list. I spoke to Bexley council who told me to contact Greenwich then Greenwich said that Bexley dealt with waiting lists themselves! :roll:

Anyone know how to make sure DS is definitely on the list? I've tried calling Beths but can't get through.

Thanks!
liceo_classico

Re: Waiting lists

Post by liceo_classico »

Hi,
I've talked to Bexley council. They told me to write an email to their admissions department (schooladmissions@bexley.gov.uk I think but please check!) with the request. We live in Southwark and hoping to get a place at either Beths or Chis and Sid because they are the closest to us!).
mj8784

Post by mj8784 »

Thanks - I'll e.mail them. Good luck with your application!
liceo_classico

Post by liceo_classico »

Same to you!
Seendy1

Post by Seendy1 »

mj8784 wrote:Thanks - I'll e.mail them. Good luck with your application!

Hi Mj8784,

Have you emailed Bexley Council already?? I have but have not received any reply yet. I suppose they are inundated with calls and emails.

I am also very uncertain how this waiting list works. Do we now just wait? Or call the school admission at Bexley more often or call the school we want directly?? Anyone on here who knows - kindly point us to the right direction please.

Thanks.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Hi all,
Take absolutely no chances. Councils are notorious for losing your waiting lists requests.
Do obtain email acknowledgment that you’d like to go on the waiting list.

The councils may take a while to respond, but you’ll have the automated email response as proof. Do email the schools too. Many of which have been closed due to the snow.
Here are some contacts:
Beths Mrs Nicola Fitzgerald MSFITZGERALD@beths.bexley.sch.uk
Greenwich Admissions: school-admissions@royalgreenwich.gov.uk
Good luck!

Salsa
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Think under the London co-ordinated admissions you're automatically added to waiting lists, aren't you? Certainly that's the case in Bromley - it will say on your letter. Emailing is just to double check if you want to make absolutely certain you're on the waiting list - personally I trust the system well enough and won't email about that.

The second round of offers in April is made by councils - our letter is clear that schools don't have waiting list information. It says waiting list information is available from Bromley school admissions from 17 May 2018.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

salsa wrote:Hi all,
Take absolutely no chances. Councils are notorious for losing your waiting lists requests.
Do obtain email acknowledgment that you’d like to go on the waiting list.

The councils may take a while to respond, but you’ll have the automated email response as proof. Do email the schools too. Many of which have been closed due to the snow.
Here are some contacts:
Beths Mrs Nicola Fitzgerald MSFITZGERALD@beths.bexley.sch.uk
Greenwich Admissions: school-admissions@royalgreenwich.gov.uk
Good luck!

Salsa
Hi Salsa - is it just in systems where you have to actively request to go on a waiting list - like Kent I think - that councils are notorious for losing them? Here it's automatic and all the communications already confirm you've been automatically added.
mj8784

Post by mj8784 »

I've e.mailed Greenwich and Bexley council admissions and also the 'admin@' address for Beths but not heard back from any yet or had an automated reply. I'll ring again on Monday to check they have them and will forward to Mrs Fitzgerald - thanks for the contact info.

My e.mail from Greenwich said it was automatic to be added to waiting lists but when I rang, the lady at the council (who really didn't sound like she knew what she was doing) said they had 'nothing to do with Bexley grammar schools' so that didn't fill me with hope.....
Last edited by mj8784 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Yes. Email councils and schools. Every year we hear of people who were not added to lists and miss out.

Salsa