CI list

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sunshine08

CI list

Post by Sunshine08 »

Does anyone know how the CI list works? I know everyone needs to accept or reject offers by 15 Mar. Does anyone know how many days after the 15/3 new offers come out or have I got this wrong and offers are made as soon as someone rejects a place? Is this process then continuous cycle with a new deadline for second round etc? Thanks!!
ToadMum

Re: CI list

Post by ToadMum »

Sunshine08 wrote:Does anyone know how the CI list works? I know everyone needs to accept or reject offers by 15 Mar. Does anyone know how many days after the 15/3 new offers come out or have I got this wrong and offers are made as soon as someone rejects a place? Is this process then continuous cycle with a new deadline for second round etc? Thanks!!
Is this any help

https://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/servic ... sions.aspx
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Sunshine08

Post by Sunshine08 »

Thanks Toadmum - that’s perfect.
Sunshine08

Post by Sunshine08 »

Thanks Toadmum - that’s perfect.
Musicmum11

Post by Musicmum11 »

On the subject of CI lists, I can see previous discussions on academic CI list movements. Does there tend to much movement on the music CI lists? I can see how much the scores move by - just wondered how far down various lists this it tends to go? Any guidance gratefully appreciated by an anxious parent on a music wait list!
sparklies

Post by sparklies »

Thanks for sharing the timetable!

My situation is slightly complicated in that we're (hopefully) near the top of the list for a Bucks Grammar, but live in Hertfordshire. They say they give out positions on the list 10th April but they're not very clear on whether people might be offered places before that.

I don't suppose anyone happens to know the answer? Especially as it looks like Herts offers places towards the end of March - i.e. if Bucks already know there is a place, will they pass it over to Herts right away or will we have to wait until April 10th?
Suzy76

Post by Suzy76 »

Over the next 2 weeks, do schools tell you (eg if you call them) if there has been any movement in the CI list positions? Tx
17leaver

Post by 17leaver »

No, you will not hear about movement until the end of March, everyone has 2 weeks to accept or decline their place, and to come of the waiting list if they want to.
Then the council take another 2 weeks to re assign free places.
At the end of March you will either automatically get an email from the council with an offer of a higher ranking school or if you don’t get an offer then you will be told by the schools your new position on the waiting list. You can call them then, if they haven’t contacted you.
Some will write to you, some will email and some don’t contact you at all!
But until then they won’t be able to tell you how much the CI has Moved.
Musicmum11

Post by Musicmum11 »

I'm still looking for any guidance as to how much music CI lists have moved in the past? I can see previous threads discussion movement on academic lists (where there seems to be quite a bit of movement in some schools) but nothing on music.
17leaver

Post by 17leaver »

I'm sorry Musicmum, but I have no personal experience on the music waiting list, but from what I hear it doesn't seem to have as much movement as the academic does particularly with Parmiters & the grammars.
I believe there is a bit more movement on Rickmansworth or Queens music list.

Hopefully someone with more experience will be able to help you here.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now