2018 Ribston Year 7's

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
monkeypops

2018 Ribston Year 7's

Post by monkeypops »

Congratulations to all the girls who will be in Year 7 at Ribston in September! :D

Thought it might be nice to have a page to say hello. There's also a facebook group set up for anyone who'd like to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1985851 ... 364772703/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rachm82

Re: 2018 Ribston Year 7's

Post by Rachm82 »

Hi there! My daughter will also be joining Ribston this September!
Eromdap

Post by Eromdap »

I’ve copied the link to two friends who I assume aren’t on here but have dd going to Ribston in September. It’s a shame there wasn’t a group for last year.
monkeypops

Post by monkeypops »

Fantastic - thank you Eromdap - I'm sure there's plenty of other parents out there feeling as lost as we are! Such a big change and my DD is the only one going from her school (so far - one on waiting list)
monkeypops

Post by monkeypops »

Rachm82 wrote:Hi there! My daughter will also be joining Ribston this September!
Hi Rachm82 - hope you can join the fb group - think it will be great to share info, dates etc!
Rachm82

Post by Rachm82 »

Yes have joined group. Great idea! Thanks monkeypops for setting up. My DD has only one other from her Class going to Ribston. There was actually only a handful in who entire year that got through to a Grammar, which just shows how hard it was to get in! Our girls did so well!! x
jearund

Post by jearund »

Hi everyone! My daughter will also be going to Ribston in September. It was her first choice so we're delighted. Both she and we really liked the feel of the school when we went to visit.
She is one of two from her school - the other is her best friend so I hope they put people from the same school in the same classes.
I would like to join the Facebook group but the link isn't working for me. Can anyone help?
6 from our school got GS places with 2 more qualifying but not getting a high enough score (though one is on the waiting list). I think this is quite good for a normal state school - 10% of the year! I'd be interested to know if other state schools have similar stats?
jearund

Post by jearund »

I've found the FB group from searching on FB - just need you to approve it now! Don't know why the link didn't work.
Kaybee

Post by Kaybee »

jearund wrote:Hi everyone! My daughter will also be going to Ribston in September. It was her first choice so we're delighted. Both she and we really liked the feel of the school when we went to visit.
She is one of two from her school - the other is her best friend so I hope they put people from the same school in the same classes.
I would like to join the Facebook group but the link isn't working for me. Can anyone help?
6 from our school got GS places with 2 more qualifying but not getting a high enough score (though one is on the waiting list). I think this is quite good for a normal state school - 10% of the year! I'd be interested to know if other state schools have similar stats?
Yes this number is similar to my sons school. I think about 7/8 of them got a place and a few qualified but didn't get in. About half the class sat the test. Quite a miracle given the recent rating of our primary in the good schools guide (it was absolutely abysmal!) They didn't even ask them at school on Thursday where they were going!
Eromdap

Post by Eromdap »

Jearund - my dd went to Ribston with one other from her school last year, they were put in the same class.

In her year 3 out of 15 or so got a place at GS, so 20%. This year my ds is one of 4 that got a place, but in a smaller year group of 10, so 40%. Although if the year group had remained the same since year 2 then it would have been 4 out of 6 so 67%!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now