Warks admin errors this year?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nervousmom

Warks admin errors this year?

Post by nervousmom »

There seems to be a number of cases this year, where places should have been offered and haven't and it seems to involve warks, in particular score sharing.

My niece scored 229.

Lives in southern priority area, LEA is worcs, sat 11+ in Bham and shared results with warks.

Warks received all the info as they sent a letter to my niece with her score.

AGS not offered.

My sister in law spoke to warks and they asked her to email everything she had over to them, which she did. She received an email Saturday saying they had received everything and would respond by 9th.

Sister in law emailed straight back and said she wasn't waiting until 9th and would be calling them today!

I will update accordingly.
MelanieMac

Re: Warks admin errors this year?

Post by MelanieMac »

Will await your update - also waiting to have an error rectified. Fingers crossed it’s sooner than Friday though, may need more wine!
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

9th March is the last date to accept offers, Right? pls correct if otherwise
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

We had an error last year - 233 not offered at RHS - but they did sort it out. It took two weeks. It was a cross-border issue then with Northants. The Admissions team did work very hard, it was just a tense two weeks.
MelanieMac

Post by MelanieMac »

Varsha2017 wrote:9th March is the last date to accept offers, Right? pls correct if otherwise
Sorry no idea - we are still awaiting an offer to accept.... Currently have no school at all.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Brother in law tried calling warks twice today and can't get past front office.

Warks are trying to blame bham saying they didn't pass them the score. They have a letter from Warks with the score on!!

They don't seem to be getting anywhere and it seems to me that warks are trying to find them off.

Does anyone have any advice/ideas on what they can do ? (On the plus side she's in the bham system)
MelanieMac

Post by MelanieMac »

My husband phoned again today and we’ve also been told we will hear by Friday. I don’t think there is much more to be done than wait despite it being so frustrating.... I’m sure for the genuine errors, they will be put right.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I hope yours get sorted too.

Keep us posted.
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

MelanieMac wrote:My husband phoned again today and we’ve also been told we will hear by Friday. I don’t think there is much more to be done than wait despite it being so frustrating.... I’m sure for the genuine errors, they will be put right.
Fingers crossed for you today - we went through this last year and it was agonising.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Niece has been offered now.

However, reading another thread in here, someone has said that it appears 18 children have had offers refracted!

I know mistakes are made, but I think that is far too many.

In think warks need to review their process for next year, in particular the sharing of results between themselves and bham.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now