Sutton Coldfield Girls waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
malgok

Sutton Coldfield Girls waiting list

Post by malgok »

DD has a score 212, would anyone have any information what are her chances of getting into Sutton Coldfield Girls off waiting list? Thank you
quasimodo

Re: Sutton Coldfield Girls waiting list

Post by quasimodo »

malgok wrote:DD has a score 212, would anyone have any information what are her chances of getting into Sutton Coldfield Girls off waiting list? Thank you

Based on previous years and the slight increase in cut off to 218 this year it will be be unlikely.

I see you live in Northfield are you holding an offer from St Pauls or from QMHS in Walsall ?

Its clear your dd scored very well in the Walsall consortium exam and is of grammar school ability.Its always difficult to work out why performances were better in one exam compared to another.

I had a quick look at previous years threads and in 2016 when the cut off was 218 there is a suggestion that the cut off came down to 212.Its not clear when that was and offers can be made from waiting lists weeks and months after children have begun their new schools in year 7.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
um

Post by um »

In 2017 I remember a girl was called up on the first day of term in September as a place had become available in SCGS - her parents, however, decided to keep her at the school that she had started.
While 212 is very unlikely to receive a waiting list offer any time soon, there is still a small possibility of getting one in the first term of Year 7.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

I recall in 2015 where I assisted a friend in his dd's appeal for a place at SCGSG where we had the figures for the last few years in respect of cut offs in March and final cut offs, sadly I don't have them to hand now. The appeal itself was unsuccessful which is another story in itself.What I have been able to glean is the following.

I have the letter for my dd from October 2014 for the Birmingham consortium which shows the final cut offs for the last girl offered a place in March were as follows for SCGSG ;
2012 - 210
2013 - 215
2014 - 211

The information available on final cut offs will be on the threads for those years.

According to one of the threads in 2015 the offer mark in March was 215 and the cut off was 212.I am not sure if that was the final cut off.The information on recent years will be available on the stickies.

My memory seems to suggest average movements were about 3 or 4 marks between March and final cut offs when I analysed the position in 2015 but I stand to be corrected If I am wrong for recent movements.
Last edited by quasimodo on Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
um

Post by um »

The 1st March cut-offs for SCGS were as follows:

Last entry score in '11 was 207, in '12 was 210, in '13 was 215, in '14 was 211, in '15 was 215, in '16 was 218,
in '17 was 217, in '18 was 218

However I do not know the last entry scores from the waiting lists.
Mash1967

Post by Mash1967 »

Hi all,

I just wonder if all the students who achieved a score of 218 was offered Sutton Girls Grammar. Could a school offer over PAN?
So far from no one has come back to this forum and have said they did not get an offer at 218.

My DD scored 217 and we are waiting for the 26th eagerly to see where sh is on the waiting list.
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

The school does not offer over PAN so the cut off will go down. For scgsg it usually moves at least 2-3 places. I would be very surprised if you don't get an offer on 217. Good luck.
Mash1967

Post by Mash1967 »

A colleague’s friend’s daughter has scored 215 and like my daughter the only grammar school option for us is Sutton Coldfield Girls Grammar school.
I was wondering are we looking at roughly 20 girls on each score or could it be more or less. Has anyone done any type of calculations?

Found out this morning the lowest score to have got in was 218 that lives roughly 0.85 miles from the school, so there must be more girls on 218 that have not got in.
We know nearly 5500 children took the Birmingham exam, does anyone know what percentage were boys/girls.
Mash1967

Post by Mash1967 »

Score of 217 - We are 13th on the waiting list. Hoping for the best.
I hope this help information helps others
kellyann

Post by kellyann »

215 is 39th on waiting list... live in Sutton