what was this programme?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

what was this programme?

Post by mystery »

Sorry to be so vague .... it was a series on BBC HD a few years ago. It included an episode about a tribe with homes they built high in trees somewhere. Would love to see if can find the whole series years later but this is all I can remember!!
Amber

Re: what was this programme?

Post by Amber »

Pogle's Wood?
solimum

Post by solimum »

Human Planet? https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00llp ... odes/guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mystery

Post by mystery »

Human Planet - yes!!! Pogle's Wood - even better!!!!!

Thank you. I am getting like the people who turn up in the bookshop and ask for the book with the blue cover etc etc.
Amber

Post by Amber »

mystery wrote:Human Planet - yes!!! Pogle's Wood - even better!!!!!

Thank you. I am getting like the people who turn up in the bookshop and ask for the book with the blue cover etc etc.
:lol: I keep trying to remember songs and humming or singing them to OH who reckons himself as a bit of a music buff but also doesn't share my taste in music (I have taste, and he does not, obvs). So when he puts on that kind of pained 'I have no idea what that song is' face, I don't know if he does really but prefers not to have me remember, so that he won't be subjected to it. The last time I remembered one he sent a message to the family group chat with lots of those green vomiting emojis in it.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Amber wrote:Pogle's Wood?
Thought I was the only person that remembered the Pogles!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

I had a Pippin and Tog annual :)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Here we are: http://www.pogleswood.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also episodes on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNiimC07_Ac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I loved the Herbs and I'm loving the new Clangers as much as the older ones. Noggin the Nog also a favourite :)

Sorry, mystery, derailing your thread.
Amber

Post by Amber »

We have had a Noggin the Nog thread before. It has to be the best children's programme made, anywhere, ever. I have the DVDs and still love watching it on dark winter evenings. Must get them out...haven't done for a while.

RIP Oliver Postgate.

Sorry Mystery x
Surferfish

Post by Surferfish »

Amber wrote: I keep trying to remember songs and humming or singing them to OH who reckons himself as a bit of a music buff but also doesn't share my taste in music (I have taste, and he does not, obvs). So when he puts on that kind of pained 'I have no idea what that song is' face, I don't know if he does really but prefers not to have me remember, so that he won't be subjected to it. The last time I remembered one he sent a message to the family group chat with lots of those green vomiting emojis in it.
Download the SoundHound App to your phone and tell OH that he's now surplus to requirements! :wink:

http://evolver.fm/appdb/app/soundhound/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now