CI list Watford girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bluesymum

CI list Watford girls

Post by bluesymum »

My daughter's number 22 in the Watford girls CI list. Can anyone advise if there's any movement in the wait list coming upto September?
Really clutching at straws here.,the results have been 'washed out' for us inspite of lot of hard work by dd . Bucks schools are practically not an option this year at all and we were hopeful of a place or two there. Looking very bleak. Feel really sorry for dd.
Mart25

Re: CI list Watford girls

Post by Mart25 »

Last year my child was 24th on academic list for Clement Danes on allocation day and got offered place in June. No idea if WGGS list moves as much as that, but thought it might be useful as indication of how much movement there can be.
11plusparents

Post by 11plusparents »

Really sorry to hear that .But Watford girls waiting list does move. It may take 2 or 3 months for your DD to secure a place in Watford. Please track the waiting list position every week and sometimes you may get phone call from the school as well.
sparklies

Post by sparklies »

DD is 23rd with 225 for Parmiters, the cut off was 228. This is the same as last year, and last year it went down to 217 I think. Clearly a LOT of people drop out.

I also strongly suspect that Parmiters have not yet processed any of the council website-requested CI removals, or at least they're still including them in their CI list numbers. I'd taken DD off via the council, so I was not expecting to still be on Parmiters list, but she is. If that is also the case for Watford Girls then you may well get lucky or at least move right up in the next round once people have realised they're still on there and taken themselves off.

Good luck!
bluesymum

Post by bluesymum »

Thankyou kindly for all your replies. This has always been such a helpful forum.
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

bluesymum - Watford Girls maintain different waitlist movement for inner and outer if I understood correctly from last year thread.
bluesymum

Post by bluesymum »

We're in the outer area.,,the cutoff score was 230 this year.,my dd is short of 12 marks for qualifying and #24 in waitlist.,,will just have to wait and see.,she scored abysmally(19)in the music practical inspite of being really musical.,I was hoping to ask for a remark of the music practical and have emailed Mrs King at the school,,I do hope something comes of it
Hera

Post by Hera »

bluesymum wrote:WI was hoping to ask for a remark of the music practical and have emailed Mrs King at the school,,I do hope something comes of it
I am sure it is not recorded, so I can't imagine a remark would be possible. I imagine the way forward would be to appeal providing proof of musical aptitude.
bluesymum

Post by bluesymum »

Thanks for that Hera.,XX
bluesymum

Post by bluesymum »

Do we have call WGGS to find out our updated waitlist numbers or will
They email us?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now