Waiting list movement

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
neo1232

Re: Waiting list movement

Post by neo1232 »

- it will be also interesting to know how many family move to Bucks before and after exam results.
- One more factor is more selection review this year and more positive outcome because of that.
vivekms

Post by vivekms »

neo1232 wrote:- it will be also interesting to know how many family move to Bucks before and after exam results.
- One more factor is more selection review this year and more positive outcome because of that.
Selection review looks similar to previous years. There is no way to know how many families moved! It's just a black box at the moment with too many variables.
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

No - it is 324 Vs 244 compare to last year
vivekms wrote:
neo1232 wrote:- it will be also interesting to know how many family move to Bucks before and after exam results.
Selection review looks similar to previous years. There is no way to know how many families moved! It's just a black box at the moment with too many variables.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

vivekms wrote:Selection review looks similar to previous years.
There were 374 more reviews this year than in 2017, an increase of 54%. Of those, 85 more reviews were successful than were successful last year.

Edited to add: cross-posted with neo
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Neo1232 - you have no idea where the additional succesful reviews are living or whether they are in Bucks or beyond. Making any hypothesis on this is absolutely pointless.
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

Guest55 - it can be just one of the factor , not only -
as per me it is valid one.
Guest55 wrote:Neo1232 - you have no idea where the additional succesful reviews are living or whether they are in Bucks or beyond. Making any hypothesis on this is absolutely pointless.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Why do you think anything can be predicted from this information? Some of us have been around this a long time and know it tells you nothing of value.
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

I do not agree with you

1) it is just hypothesis
2) In bucks test everything is proportion
more then 50% Co-hort is from Bucks, from Outside lots of child consider it is Mock test
3) more failure rates in Bucks Co-hort and they have more "at stake", so I can understand more challenge from them
4) Bucks primary school has inherent mechanism for selection review - more information to Parents , Head Teacher recommendation

Guest55 wrote:Why do you think anything can be predicted from this information? Some of us have been around this a long time and know it tells you nothing of value.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

neo1232 wrote:I do not agree with you

2) In bucks test everything is proportion more then 50% Co-hort is from Bucks, from Outside lots of child consider it is Mock test
What does this mean? The Transfer Test is 'opt out' so virtually all Bucks children sit it. Btw, disagreeing with me does not make you right.
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

Disagreeing with me does not make you right too !!

any way I do not want to argue on this so no more comments from my side
Guest55 wrote:
neo1232 wrote:I do not agree with you

2) In bucks test everything is proportion more then 50% Co-hort is from Bucks, from Outside lots of child consider it is Mock test
What does this mean? The Transfer Test is 'opt out' so virtually all Bucks children sit it. Btw, disagreeing with me does not make you right.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now