Waiting lists and “movement”

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Wizzle

Waiting lists and “movement”

Post by Wizzle »

Hello
I have a quick question, is it possible to find out a grammar schools previous years “movement” prior to the April waiting list cut off? I ask as I presume there would usually be some movement as family circumstances may change, OOC applicants decide to appeal more locally etc. My daughter passed the 11+ but is 2marks off the last place offered along with 6 others (100 local, 80 ooc places allocated) and we live 0.3 miles away from the school-distance being a criteria. I will be submitting both waiting list and appeal by March 16th and 29th respectively but wondered if it’s possible to find out her chances of the waiting list alone being successful in the meantime. Thanks (I hope that makes sense?!)
scary mum

Re: Waiting lists and “movement”

Post by scary mum »

Which school are you talking about, OP? The process will vary by area.
scary mum
Wizzle

Post by Wizzle »

It’s a Kent school. I’m fully up to speed with the selection criteria but it’s the previous years waiting list “success” I’m after, any help appreciated :)
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

The problem with previous waiting list info is that it has absolutely no bearing on this year's situation - there could be more or less offers, or none at all.
FortyNinePence

Post by FortyNinePence »

I’d recommend you phone up and speak with the admissions dept of the school. Dependent on which school it is, some are extremely helpful and can give you a really good steer based on previous years info, detail around this years waiting list etc.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Does the school know? Aren't places allocated by Kent CC?
Wizzle

Post by Wizzle »

I have spoken with KCC and they advise speaking to the admissions office. I’m currently constructing an email to them asking for waiting list advice, appeals success advice and some facts relevant to the stage 1 element of the appeal. No doubt they have this watertight but anything that weakens their case is worth having I suppose. The rest I will rely on academic evidence, meeting with the primary headteacher is scheduled tomorrow. Thanks for the responses so far everyone.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now