Offer from skinners

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

luckyparent

Re: Offer from skinners

Post by luckyparent »

liceo_classico wrote:We got an offer from Skinners but we live close to London Bridge. From there is 45 min by train and then a short walk to the school. Btw, have you receive any letters from them? We don't belong to Kent council so I wonder how the communication will be...
We have received email in the afternoon around 3 PM. People outside kent need to send response to the school directly, followed by registration form they have sent in the mail.
jesica

Post by jesica »

yes there is an email from school management today.

is there any link to register to attend tomorrow's open house ? what about timing ?
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

jesica wrote:yes there is an email from school management today.

is there any link to register to attend tomorrow's open house ? what about timing ?
It's on the website - 2-3pm, no booking needed:

http://www.skinners-school.co.uk/admissions/open-days/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jesica

Post by jesica »

Thanks for the link. Will try on 1st of May slot.

Anyone tried to attend the today's session- any thoughts to share ?
cassandre

Post by cassandre »

luckyparent wrote:
Sorrel wrote:Hi luckyparent. Is it travel advice you're after or just people he might know? Will your son have to take the train to London Bridge and out again or are there more direct coaches? Searching this site for Croydon and Skinners doesn't throw up much unfortunately.
Hi Sorrel

Thanks for your response.Actually I am looking for both people and travel advice as well. There are trains from East Croydon to tonbridge wells and the bus.
Total of 1 hr 10 minutes. I am just trying to find out whether anyone got offer living in croydon area.

Having just looked at 'thetrainline'East Croydon to Tunbridge Wells takes 1 hour and 25 minutes with a change at Tonbridge. Later trains are quicker but would get you in to school late.
liceo_classico

Post by liceo_classico »

The open afternoon was really helpful! We had a proper tour of the whole school and then a 1 to 1 with the Headteacher.
We loved the school.
doodles

Post by doodles »

I'm glad to hear this liceo. Both of my DS are pleased that they are Leopards! I hope your DS will be as happy.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

cassandre wrote:
luckyparent wrote:
Sorrel wrote:Hi luckyparent. Is it travel advice you're after or just people he might know? Will your son have to take the train to London Bridge and out again or are there more direct coaches? Searching this site for Croydon and Skinners doesn't throw up much unfortunately.
Hi Sorrel

Thanks for your response.Actually I am looking for both people and travel advice as well. There are trains from East Croydon to tonbridge wells and the bus.
Total of 1 hr 10 minutes. I am just trying to find out whether anyone got offer living in croydon area.

Having just looked at 'thetrainline'East Croydon to Tunbridge Wells takes 1 hour and 25 minutes with a change at Tonbridge. Later trains are quicker but would get you in to school late.
But presumably parents have factored the journey time in when deciding whether to enter their DC for the Kent Test and subsequently naming the school on their CAF?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
doodles

Post by doodles »

cassandre wrote:
luckyparent wrote:
Hi Sorrel

Plus the 20 (15 at a push) minute walk from the station up the hill to school - it's a long journey - and there's always the early starts for matches, trips etc and late finishes to factor in too.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

liceo_classico wrote:The open afternoon was really helpful! We had a proper tour of the whole school and then a 1 to 1 with the Headteacher.
We loved the school.
We loved it too (and it was lovely to meet you!). My husband had already seen it and we'd had great accounts from everyone, so expecting to like it, but good to visit properly.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now