What happens next...?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
RedVelvet

Re: What happens next...?

Post by RedVelvet »

MedievalBabe wrote:The ladies in the STR uniform shop are very good at ensuring growing room. DS first blazer lasted from Y7 to Y9 and has only had 2 Blazers. He has been measured for his sixth form blazer already.

And the school was great when my son didn't grow at all between blazer fitting and September. We returned from a long summer holiday a couple of days before school started only to try on his blazer and find it was huge. A quick phone call to school and the lovely Mrs Bain had it exchanged the same day. It still lasted until yr 9!

Also if your boys are heading to Tommies and they still run it, sign up for the summer science school. Both my boys enjoyed it.
Flash

Post by Flash »

We bought a massive STR blazer and had to get the sleeves taken up 3 inches when we collected it. We took the sleeves down for beginning year 8 and it now fits him perfectly. He's still growing at an incredible rate and will probably need a new blazer for year 9. Some boys haven't grown much at all though. I wouldn't go too huge next time. The money I spent on alterations I may as well have bought a new blazer and his is now quite scruffy with tidelines on the sleeves. :roll:
Cup of tea

Post by Cup of tea »

The second hand uniform stall at Pate's is always really well stocked. Blazers/skirts sports kit etc. I bought a blazer (just before DD started) for £10, which looked like new. I also bought an "economy" blazer from school togs (formerly 'The famous') for £29 just so we had a spare/in case of loss etc. She's been wearing the same two for 5 years! Not a bad outlay considering! The eco blazers wash really well and apart from the inside lining look exactly the same.
Skirts are another one to look out for on the 2nd hand stall, usually priced from £4 or £5.
If you can't make the spring fair the stall is usually at the welcome evening in June/July.
Hope that helps!
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

Cup of tea wrote:The second hand uniform stall at Pate's is always really well stocked. Blazers/skirts sports kit etc. I bought a blazer (just before DD started) for £10, which looked like new. I also bought an "economy" blazer from school togs (formerly 'The famous') for £29 just so we had a spare/in case of loss etc. She's been wearing the same two for 5 years! Not a bad outlay considering! The eco blazers wash really well and apart from the inside lining look exactly the same.
Skirts are another one to look out for on the 2nd hand stall, usually priced from £4 or £5.
If you can't make the spring fair the stall is usually at the welcome evening in June/July.
Hope that helps!
Hsfg also have second hand uniform sales every term for anyone who is interested :)
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

Watermelon8 wrote:
Hsfg also have second hand uniform sales every term for anyone who is interested :)
The next sale at hsfg is Thursday 21st June, 3.30-4.30 probably in the school hall (but if you go to reception they will be able to direct you). Always a good selection of blazers, skirts, shirts, pe kit etc. Shirts are a particularly good buy as they are so expensive new from Trutex (a 2 pack of new long sleeved shirts starts at £34.95!! :( )
Debims

Post by Debims »

Cup of tea wrote:The second hand uniform stall at Pate's is always really well stocked. Blazers/skirts sports kit etc. I bought a blazer (just before DD started) for £10, which looked like new. I also bought an "economy" blazer from school togs (formerly 'The famous') for £29 just so we had a spare/in case of loss etc. She's been wearing the same two for 5 years! Not a bad outlay considering! The eco blazers wash really well and apart from the inside lining look exactly the same.
Hope that helps!
Thanks - I was wondering what on earth the difference is between the two blazers, not clear on the Schooltogs website. The 'premium' blazer is cheaper? :roll:
Got our letter from Pate's this morning - all seems real now!