Waiting List - Not sat test as yet..

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mulv2222

Waiting List - Not sat test as yet..

Post by mulv2222 »

A bit late to the game and so have just placed my daughter on the waitlist for Pates and HSFG.

Does anyone know how the waitlist works if you haven't sat the test yet??

Also, embarrassingly we've not done any prep work at all. DD has sat CAT tests at her current school and they range from 115 up to 132. She is actually stronger than those scores suggest as she only answered 3/4 of the Q's? Not sure why - she can't remember...

What prep should i focus on and quick? The different books seem overwhelming - any recommendations from those just having done this?

Many thanks for your help :)
capers123

Re: Waiting List - Not sat test as yet..

Post by capers123 »

Hi,

The waiting list is made up of those children who taken the test and qualified. There may also be another caveat that they have to be within 30 places of the lowest scoring child with a place.

Until the child has taken the test, they can not be on the waiting list, and any places that come free will be immediately offered to the child at the top of the list.

If your child gets a score above the highest on the waiting list, they will get added to the list in the top position (waiting list positions can go down as well as up as children join or leave the list).
Capers
mulv2222

Post by mulv2222 »

Thank you for your reply.

There is a date set for 22.03.18 for those that haven't taken the text yet but wish to be placed on the waitlist. I guess after that when they have the test results in we will see where, if at all, we are on the waitlist?

Will i know a waitlist position for each school or just a score and so will try and figure out where we sit? (of course depending on how she does...)
ash14

Post by ash14 »

My son sat the late test two years ago. From what i remember all places are allocated and after the late test those that qualify will be added to the waiting list. I think there is a second date after first set of allocations and if places become available they start to work their way down the list of all those that qualify.
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

OP, given such limited time, if I were you I would concentrate on exam skills and get your DD to do timed practice tests to get her used to working under pressure. I assume you know what the test covers. We used CGP and First Past the Post CEM tests. Make sure she can recall timestables at the speed of light and make sure she understands how to mark her answers on the test sheet. Practice listening to audio instructions (some of the papers come with down loadable audio) and practice doing two tests with a 20 minute break.

Good luck to your DD.