Wilson’s school admissions 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Crazylife

Wilson’s school admissions 2018

Post by Crazylife »

Hi all,
Wondering if anybody with any recent experience has any idea about wait lists for Wilson’s. My DS was offered his second choice which was Wallington County Gramar, and although we placed it second , my son really is not keen. He’s actually very upset as he really had his heart set on Wilson’s. In previous years I understand that they would send out more offers than the number of seats available and hence they do not seem to place many of the boys on the wait list. I am not sure whether the same is still true. Also are Wilson’s transparent about ranking on the wait list? I do not want to harass them constantly, although I would be keen to find out.

Looking forward to getting some guidance
I am trying to be positive but feel very sad that although he passed he seems very downbeat about not getting a place.
I am proud of him either way and can see he has achieved a great deal, although he is devastated and I am fearful not getting a place would really knock his confidence.
Moon unit

Re: Wilson’s school admissions 2018

Post by Moon unit »

Hi Crazylife,
My son goes to Wilson’s but we know well lots of boys at Wallington and they are all really happy as are the parents.
Pastoral care is said to be excellent and the new head has a good reputation.
If your son is open to it why don’t you have a look at the website together for things he might enjoy there.
Rugby is very strong at Wally boys.
Wilson’s will I’m sure run the waiting list correctly.
The office staff are extremely efficient.
They do over offer though so I think it would be best to really plug Wallington.
Maybe you know some boys who go to Wallington? Perhaps they could talk to your son.
Lots of people put it first above Wilson’s on their CAF.
It’s certainly not second best by any means ( and neither is SGS).
Hope your son can get past the disappointment and feel proud of what he has achieved.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now