Transportation to RHS from Whitnash

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MSK

Transportation to RHS from Whitnash

Post by MSK »

My DD got place in RHS, not sure transportation from Whitnash, anybody else in similar situation? Any suggestions what we can do?
gemgem

Re: Transportation to RHS from Whitnash

Post by gemgem »

It seems bit out of bus route ( not 100% sure)

There are buses going to Stafford School. If you have any chance from the waiting list there, better school and more easy for commutation.
Good luck :?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

gemgem wrote:It seems bit out of bus route ( not 100% sure)

There are buses going to Stafford School. If you have any chance from the waiting list there, better school and more easy for commutation.
Good luck :?
Do you mean Stratford?

Staffordshire went comprehensive more than forty years ago.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Dremma

Post by Dremma »

Whitnash to RHS is a long journey and I don’t believe there are any direct buses like there are from Whitnash to Kes/Sggs/ags. We live close to you but wouldn’t have considered applying to the Rugby grammar schools due to transport difficulties and distance.
Are you on the waiting list for AGSor SGGS? Did you not check transport before applying?

I would have thought it would be a bus journey of at least 2 buses.
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

There are buses from Leamington to Rugby. See how close this passes to your house and RHS and then decide whether getting to and from the bus and the journey makes the entire journey feasible.

Alternatively contact the school. They might be able to offer advice on whether other pupils make that commute and how they manage that commute.

Think about the welfare of your child. This is a hellish commute to make daily using public transport.
gemgem

Post by gemgem »

Sorry, I meant
Stratford upon avon schools. Obviously they have high qualifying marks but they are better schools. There are many students going from Warwick to these schools.
Like some one specified, without a direct bus, long journey can spoil all the benefits of going to a Grammer school.
End of the day, we will have to live with and be happy with what we got!
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

Better is somewhat subjective, no doubt better for some pupils. We are big fans of RHS.
gemgem

Post by gemgem »

sportsforall wrote:Better is somewhat subjective, no doubt better for some pupils. We are big fans of RHS.
Agreed!
I was not trying to underestimate Rugby schools. But what I was trying mention what those who from Warwick, logistically Stafford schools are better choice. Obviously, Stafford and Birmingham Schools have high qualifying scores for a reason!

I do agree with you "selection of a School is subjective". Going to a good non selective school near by may be a better choice than spending 2-4 hours communing for a Crammer School. Parents conveniently forget the fact that School commuting is a daily affair. We find it difficult driving to work. Then imagine relying on public transport at a young age.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

gemgem wrote:Sorry, I meant
Stratford upon avon schools. Obviously they have high qualifying marks but they are better schools. There are many students going from Warwick to these schools.
Like some one specified, without a direct bus, long journey can spoil all the benefits of going to a Grammer school.
Just because they have generally higher qualifying marks does NOT make them better schools. They are all very different and do not suit everyone. We know people whose parents were desperate to get their child into x or y school because it must have been the "best" due to the high marks needed to get in, and now the child is there, they realise they are completely unsuited to the environement, would have been far better at an alternative which actually would have been easier to get into and have been pulled out and sent privately at vast expense. Parents who choose a school because it is the best fit are the parents who are choosing the better school.

Logistically for those from Warwick, a Warwick school is the better choice. They are all schools, following the same curriculums. Comprehensive, Grammar, even the Crammer's that you refer to..... :shock: :lol:
gemgem

Post by gemgem »

kenyancowgirl wrote:
gemgem wrote:Sorry, I meant
Just because they have generally higher qualifying marks does NOT make them better schools. They are all very different and do not suit everyone. We know people whose parents were desperate to get their child into x or y school because it must have been the "best" due to the high marks needed to get in, and now the child is there, they realise they are completely unsuited to the environement, would have been far better at an alternative which actually would have been easier to get into and have been pulled out and sent privately at vast expense. Parents who choose a school because it is the best fit are the parents who are choosing the better school.

Logistically for those from Warwick, a Warwick school is the better choice. They are all schools, following the same curriculums. Comprehensive, Grammar, even the Crammer's that you refer to..... :shock: :lol:
I think we both were quoting the same facts..in different ways
:D

Now it is up to 'MSK' to make the decision what is best for them.