Bishop Vesey cut off

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bloxy57

Bishop Vesey cut off

Post by Bloxy57 »

Hello all,
Bishop Vesey cut off is now on the KE website as 222. Son got 222 but not offered. I'm presuming others that were offered at 222 live closer to the school or other circumstances. Foundation office say to call Bham council on the 26th to find out where he is on the waiting list.
If the KE office don't give waiting list info before then, would the actual school?
Quite frustrating as he is so close and also Walsall waiting list comes out tomorrow (score 333).
Ricky74

Re: Bishop Vesey cut off

Post by Ricky74 »

Hang in there Bloxy - it's hard to be in limbo, but looking at your BV you must be so close.
Hopefully, there is some positive news from Walsall too regarding the waiting list. Which school was your first choice? Which school were you allocated off your CAF?
um

Post by um »

We had the 222 figure here first :wink:

He is on the cut-off score so will be pretty high on the waiting list.

Don't worry at all - it is just a matter of waiting.
I'll eat my hijab if he doesn't get a place :lol:

Please let us know when you do get offered the place or told your waiting list position, so that we can record that info for future worried parents :D
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

Bloxy57 wrote:Hello all,
Bishop Vesey cut off is now on the KE website as 222. Son got 222 but not offered. I'm presuming others that were offered at 222 live closer to the school or other circumstances. Foundation office say to call Bham council on the 26th to find out where he is on the waiting list.
If the KE office don't give waiting list info before then, would the actual school?
Quite frustrating as he is so close and also Walsall waiting list comes out tomorrow (score 333).
Hi Bloxy, are you in Bloxwich? Just wondered as we lived there for several years, moved to Birmingham a couple of years ago. If so, QM would be very convenient for you - all the best for today! BV is easy enough on the bus from Walsall town centre though I think? Just quite a bit further.
Bloxy57

Post by Bloxy57 »

Thank you for all of your replies guys. No, not from Bloxwich, long story.
Scores were:
QM Boys (1st choice) not offered at 333. BV (2nd) not offered at 222, Aston (3rd) offered. Non-PP.
Quite hopeful of BV being offered at 222. Please no eating of hijabs even if not!
Just found out he is 28th on the list for QM Boys with 333. In with a good chance maybe?
Not sure how much movement there is on the waiting lists. Think someone mentioned on here that because it is the first year for PP for QM Boys that they may have only offered PAN places to start with, which maybe explains the huge jump in the cut off from 324 to 337.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
The wait continues!
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

So QM are operating like the Birmingham grammars now which means waiting lists should move a bit more - in effect, every place rejected frees up a place on the waiting list, whereas presumably previously they over-offered to take account of a certain number of rejections?

All the Birmingham schools seem to have offered down to place 30-40 plus in recent years so that would suggest some hope for you. I suppose what we don’t know is average number of rejections each year for QM - are they affected by KES offers in the same way that the Birmingham schools are, for example?
Bloxy57

Post by Bloxy57 »

Thanks crazycrofter. Not sure either how the QM waiting list will move. I suspect though to hear from BV much sooner as some have been offered a place with the same score as my son. Honestly we would be very happy with either school but my son had always wanted QM as his first choice. Fingers crossed!
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Hi Bloxy - not sure what will happen with QM this year. I know last year the list crawled and not by much either, but this year it sounds very different so keeping everything crossed.

Vesey sounds very hopeful! The 77 bus goes from Sutton to Walsall and the 78 goes straight to the school (I think, from Walsall)

Hope you get a call/letter soon. :D