Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
LolyWorm

Appeal

Post by LolyWorm »

Hi there, we are in the New Forest but appealing for a place at Bournemouth School. The pass mark was 300, my son got 373. I have another son at BS in year 8. The school changed its admission criteria last year to give priority to those boys living in Bournemouth. We challenged this change at consultation stage but were assured that my younger son would have every chance of getting a place and should apply. I have contacted the school and they say we can appeal but won't give any indication of rankings or waiting lists.
My question is do members think we stand any chance of getting a place? To add to the anguish he has been allocated a school place 10 miles in the opposite direction!
hermanmunster

Re: Appeal

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi - I think you need to find out from the school what the lowest score was for a place given outside the priority area, that will give you an idea as to how close you are to being offered a place
LolyWorm

Post by LolyWorm »

Unfortunately they are not giving out any information which is rather frustrating.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Appreciate it might not be your LEA but have you tried the LEA in Bournemouth to ask them about waiting list positions?

re appeal - yes you can certainly appeal, you won't have a chance to be successful unless you try = have you had a look at the info on the appeals section of the forum? https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LolyWorm

Post by LolyWorm »

The LEA says the school has all the information as they are an academy. Yes we are going to appeal and we are working on the evidence at the moment. Thank you for your replies.