Scores collated

362 - Daddy cool
356.9 - Famkris
348.85 - Ipswich-mum
346.87 - Dotty72
347 - Erin c
336 - Souvik

Place not offered

*Please pm me with your DS score if you prefer not to post it in the chain below
Last edited by Albatros30 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Souvik

Re: CRGS Offers - 2018 intake

Post by Souvik »

Hi

is there any whatsapp or facebook group for CRGS parent?

Please let me know? or else we can make a group and discuss the needfull.

Thanks
Dotty72

Post by Dotty72 »

Thrilled for my boy 346.87 CRGS offered
Albatros30

Post by Albatros30 »

Souvik wrote:Hi

is there any whatsapp or facebook group for CRGS parent?

Please let me know? or else we can make a group and discuss the needfull.

Thanks
Hi Souvik, I am not aware of any have ever been set up, I might be wrong. However, I don't think it will be necessary as information from school is usually very clear and these boys have to learn to be independent and should inform their parents about what's going on. One or few things might be missed by these boys, but I guess it is part of their learning :-)
Blackwater

Post by Blackwater »

Congrats, your son will be going to a great school. Communication between you and CRGS will be easy, with regular updates via email. Also the school website is always updated and provides you with a lot of interesting and helpful information regarding the school, but also extra-curricular activities.

My oldest is in his second year there, while my second son needs to wait now: he had 334.5 points, with CRGS as first choice...he was offered "just" 4th choice in SHSB instead. We hope the waiting list will work (Sovik's son got in at 336.X), otherwise logistics will be challenging between Southend and Colchester...
Good luck to everyone else !
It is knowledge to know a tomato is botanically a fruit, it is wisdom not to put it in a fruit salad...
tommy

Post by tommy »

Hi Blackwater

I think we are in the same situation son got 334.51and was allocated Southend 4th choice. Really keeping fingers crossed for some good movements on the waiting list for us.
Blackwater

Post by Blackwater »

Curious to hear of any other scores near the 335+/- mark to manage expectations with the waiting list... thank you!
It is knowledge to know a tomato is botanically a fruit, it is wisdom not to put it in a fruit salad...
amitkaushal

Post by amitkaushal »

My DS got a place in CRGS and I am curious to know if anyone has any idea of transport from ROMFORD/GIDEA PARK/HORNCHURCH area.

Do let me know if any other parents are looking for car sharing etc.
Albatros30

Post by Albatros30 »

amitkaushal wrote:My DS got a place in CRGS and I am curious to know if anyone has any idea of transport from ROMFORD/GIDEA PARK/HORNCHURCH area.

Hi amitkaushal, I would have assumed that you have done a research beforehand with regards to travel to and from the school before putting the school in the list of preference ☺️

Boys that go to CRGS from that area will take train to Shenfield Station from Romford, Gidea Park or Harold Wood Stations and then continue from Shenfield to Colchester Town Station. They can walk to school or take a bus once arrive at Colchester Town.
When they go back home, they will need to take a different route, ie bus to Colchester North Station (not Colchester Town Station) and then train to Shenfield Station. They can continue their journey to Harold Wood, Gidea Park or Romford Stations.

I am not sure what you meant by car sharing, do you mean car sharing from home to stations?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Albatros30 wrote:
amitkaushal wrote:My DS got a place in CRGS and I am curious to know if anyone has any idea of transport from ROMFORD/GIDEA PARK/HORNCHURCH area.

Hi amitkaushal, I would have assumed that you have done a research beforehand with regards to travel to and fron the school before putting the school in the list of preference ☺️

Boys that go to CRGS from that area will take train to Shenfield Station from Romford, Gidea Park or Harold Wood Stations and then continue from Shenfield to Colchester Town Station. They can walk to school or take a bus.
When they go back home, they will need to take a different route, ie bus to Colchester North Station (not Colchester Town Station) and then train to Shenfield Station. They can continue their journey to Harold Sood, Gidea Park or Romford Stations.

I am not sure what you meant by car sharing, do you mean car sharing from home to stations?
I suspect the 'car share' intention is from door to door (please correct me if I'm wrong, amitkaushal? :) ). But in case not, there is a really good discount to be had for the rail reason ticket - see the sticky on 'Scholars Season Tickets' at the top of 'Essex'.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now