Ilford County high school or The Skinners school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
amit18.s

Ilford County high school or The Skinners school

Post by amit18.s »

Hi All,

My son is selected for Ilford County High School and we also accepted the offer as well. However his score are good enough to be selected in The Skinners School in Tunbridge Wells if we appeal or apply in the waiting list. We are new to the country, so help us in selecting the right school and the reasons. Thanks for all in advance :=)
ToadMum

Re: Ilford County high school or The Skinners school

Post by ToadMum »

amit18.s wrote:Hi All,

My son is selected for Ilford County High School and we also accepted the offer as well. However his score are good enough to be selected in The Skinners School in Tunbridge Wells if we appeal or apply in the waiting list. We are new to the country, so help us in selecting the right school and the reasons. Thanks for all in advance :=)
You must be living in the Common Catchment Area to have been allocated a place at ICHS and Skinners would mean moving house again. I would stay with your local offer, in your position. Free bus travel, to boot.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Is it the same 11+ test then? I thought Skinners was in Kent ...
amit18.s

Post by amit18.s »

He has taken both Redbridge 11+ as well as Kent 11+ exam.
mad?

Post by mad? »

ToadMum wrote:You must be living in the Common Catchment Area to have been allocated a place at ICHS and Skinners would mean moving house again. I would stay with your local offer, in your position. Free bus travel, to boot.
+1, no brainer IMO
mad?
shamim akhtar

Post by shamim akhtar »

mad? wrote:
ToadMum wrote:You must be living in the Common Catchment Area to have been allocated a place at ICHS and Skinners would mean moving house again. I would stay with your local offer, in your position. Free bus travel, to boot.
+1, no brainer IMO

ICHS - I would stay where you are unless you really want to move again ofcourse.
amit18.s

Post by amit18.s »

Thanks all.
I got it and we now sticking with ICHS to avoid unwanted hassles of moving.
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

I would visit both schools. If it was my son I would go with Skinners but every child is different.