Waiting lists experiences

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
heaven18

Waiting lists experiences

Post by heaven18 »

Hello all,
My son passed all wilson's, sutton and wallington tests, but he has not been offered a place on any of those schools, he's offered a local school. He's on waiting list for above schools but we only know his rank for sutton grammar. I was wondering if anyone could share their last years experience of waiting list please if they got offer and what rank they were...i know its different every year but we are surely very upset as DS did very well n i assume he has missed by 1,2 marks only, im still in hope for him to get a place on waiting list...., anyone in the same situation this year as us? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks
hopoe

Re: Waiting lists experiences

Post by hopoe »

Hello heaven. My son passed for SGS and Wallington too ( on the 1st round) but not Wilson’s . He has been offered the local comprehensive. I am coping ( and helping him to cope) by bigging up the comprehensive, accepting that is where he will go ,and focusing on the positives ( shorter journey, his big brother is there, friends of his will be going etc, the school is well rated by Offsted).
Sorry this is probably not much help, but I find this is the best solution for us. And of course emphasising how proud we are of him, after all he passed 2 tests and I don’t want him to feel he failed.
dis

Post by dis »

HI
My son as well passed SGS and Wallington but not Wilson. We are also very disappointed.
Are you both in catchment area or OOC.
Any idea about the waiting list?
heaven18

Post by heaven18 »

Hi Hopoe,
I agree with you, that is the best thing we can do , i know its useless to keep hoping for waiting list miracle..., but thanks very much for your supportive reply :)
hopoe

Post by hopoe »

Thanks heaven. I have been pleasantly surprised by how well he seems to be bouncing back. It helps that he has some good friends who have been supportive too. It’s normal to hope for a happy outcome from the waiting list though. As your son passed all 3 schools, he might be in quite a strong position.
heaven18

Post by heaven18 »

Hi Hopoe,

Yes it's still quite a lot for them, they are so little with all this stress....we are not talking to DS about waiting lists at all so that he doesn't build hope.... we are just talking positively about his secondary school so that he gets back normal. He's fine now, wish your son all the luck.
heaven18

Post by heaven18 »

Hi dis,

Have you been given a waiting list by sgs? wilson's will not tell the ranking before easter break. So just have to wait and keep our fingers crossed.
thankyou123

Post by thankyou123 »

heaven18 wrote:Hello all,
My son passed all wilson's, sutton and wallington tests, but he has not been offered a place on any of those schools, he's offered a local school. He's on waiting list for above schools but we only know his rank for sutton grammar. I was wondering if anyone could share their last years experience of waiting list please if they got offer and what rank they were...i know its different every year but we are surely very upset as DS did very well n i assume he has missed by 1,2 marks only, im still in hope for him to get a place on waiting list...., anyone in the same situation this year as us? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Hello Heaven18

My DS is also in waiting list in SGS.
How did you find a rank for your DS?
I received a letter from SGS recently informing me my son would be in their waiting list but they said they would inform us for waiting list after 15th March?
heaven18

Post by heaven18 »

thankyou123 wrote:

Hello Heaven18

I received a letter from SGS recently informing me my son would be in their waiting list but they said they would inform us for waiting list after 15th March?
Hello thankyou123, we emailed sgs asking for rank, but they also said they'll again inform parents after 15th... as you know by that time they would have confirm rank positions....lets hope for the best.
thankyou123

Post by thankyou123 »

heaven18 wrote:
thankyou123 wrote:

Hello Heaven18

Hello thankyou123, we emailed sgs asking for rank, but they also said they'll again inform parents after 15th... as you know by that time they would have confirm rank positions....lets hope for the best.

Thank you Heaven18

Yes I got DS rank now. SGS informed me DS' IC rank and full rank both.
Now I am wondering what waiting rank possibly got a place previously?

surprisingly there are big difference between IC and OCC rank though!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now