Son not making notes

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
debs2028

Son not making notes

Post by debs2028 »

My son does his GCSE’s this year . He flatly refuses to make a revision plan or take notes . He’s doing revision in a hap hazard fashion . I’m trying to help without interfering to much but he seems to think he knows everything and I know nothing of the new specification . Admittedly I’m not as up to date as I was for old GCSE’s . He just will not listen at all , I’m not talking about a bit of compromising he just completely dismissed anything I say . He says it’s all in the books so no point in writing anything down . I have had 3 other children go through GCSE’s so I know it’s a stressful time .
A large part of me just wants him to get on with it and let him fail ( actually he probably won’t fail as he’s a bright lad ) but the way he is going he’s not going to do that well.
Another part of me does not want to give up ..
We are arguing about this and I hate it ..
Any ideas ? Anyone had similar problems ?
Guest55

Re: Son not making notes

Post by Guest55 »

I did not find note making helpful - everyone has different ways of revising. When you say 'haphazard' what do you mean?
Is he practising questions? What do his teachers think ie what did his report suggest in the way of revision?
RedVelvet

Re: Son not making notes

Post by RedVelvet »

Have you spoken to school?

A five minute chat from his head of year probably had more effect than my hours of 'helping'.