WGHS / Wolves - what next? how do you accept a place?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

calico11

WGHS / Wolves - what next? how do you accept a place?

Post by calico11 »

I really hope I don’t come across as too dim here but does anyone know the process for accepting the place you have been offered from Wolverhampton Council? All the email and portal show is the school offered. Do we wait to hear from the school directly? I just had a slight panic that i need to do something after the relief yesterday.
purple1234

Re: WGHS / Wolves - what next? how do you accept a place?

Post by purple1234 »

Hi
We had the same query last year. I called the council and they said the school would be in touch shortly - which they did. Received a personally signed letter from the Head welcoming us to the School!
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

calico11 wrote:I really hope I don’t come across as too dim here but does anyone know the process for accepting the place you have been offered from Wolverhampton Council? All the email and portal show is the school offered. Do we wait to hear from the school directly? I just had a slight panic that i need to do something after the relief yesterday.
Assume Wolves is the same as Birmingham, but you will receive a letter which you have to sign and post back to the school as acceptance. Letters would normally arrive today, but the snow may scupper this! You will then receive further info from the school regarding open days, info they need from you etc. as the months progress.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

calico11 wrote:I really hope I don’t come across as too dim here but does anyone know the process for accepting the place you have been offered from Wolverhampton Council? All the email and portal show is the school offered. Do we wait to hear from the school directly? I just had a slight panic that i need to do something after the relief yesterday.
Wait to hear back from WGHS.If it is a similar process as it was three years ago you will get a large bundle of documents for which you will need an hour to an hour and half to complete.These will be sent to everyone who has been made an offer so far and will include an acceptance form.I would encourage everyone (where you can afford it ) to complete the lottery form for the parents guild.This is a main source of funds for the additional work done through the guild to benefit the girls at the school.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
calico11

Post by calico11 »

Thank you very much both that's helpful. I will just wait and see what arrives with the postman.
Tamworthbay

Post by Tamworthbay »

We still haven’t had the official confirmation from Staffs LEA but got a letter confirming the place from SGG this morning and asking us to confirm acceptance by the 16th of March.
Diamond123

Post by Diamond123 »

Hi

Has anybody received any information pack or letter from WGHS yet? We still have not received an acceptance letter & I wanted to know if everybody else is still waiting? Thanks
calico11

Post by calico11 »

I was going to come on to ask the same question. Nothing here apart from the postcard to DD from the head. Was thinking of calling up and asking but didn’t want to waste anyone’s time at what must be a very busy time.
femalemidlander

Post by femalemidlander »

same here my dd had her 'congratulations card' other than an email nothing else received.
femalemidlander

Post by femalemidlander »

sorry the email was from staffs not the school
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now