RHS Year 7 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sphynx

RHS Year 7 2018

Post by sphynx »

I am so excited about DD starting at RHS (much more than she is!) Who’s with me?
sportsforall

Re: RHS Year 7 2018

Post by sportsforall »

Me! DD1 is a currently Y7 and really enjoying it. DD2 starts in September. DD2 is also very excited and the countdown has begun to induction day on 10th July!
sphynx

Post by sphynx »

Ooh lots of questions coming your way sportsforall! Do they send any welcome information out do you know? We missed the open day so although we have looked round the school I haven’t got anything else. Mind you I have looked at the website.
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

Fire away! You could go to to the open day this year - nothing to stop you and quite good to get another feel for it all. We had a lot of information after the induction day, everything from uniform, to upcoming trips, laptop requirement, policies...
sphynx

Post by sphynx »

Thanks sportsforall, I think we will go to the open day. I would quite like to meet some of the teaching staff. Don’t suppose you know if there tends to be much waiting list movement? DD’s friend is 14th on the list.
Merlin06

Post by Merlin06 »

sportsforall wrote:Fire away! You could go to to the open day this year - nothing to stop you and quite good to get another feel for it all. We had a lot of information after the induction day, everything from uniform, to upcoming trips, laptop requirement, policies...
Does anyone know when the open day is likely to be?
Thanks jackie
sphynx

Post by sphynx »

I have it down as 20th July 7-9pm. I think I got that from the online school calendar.
MSK

Post by MSK »

My DD is going to RHS. Super excited for her.
Merlin06

Post by Merlin06 »

sportsforall wrote:Fire away! You could go to to the open day this year - nothing to stop you and quite good to get another feel for it all. We had a lot of information after the induction day, everything from uniform, to upcoming trips, laptop requirement, policies...
Hi
Do the school send any letters with all relevant info? Not sure when should expect to hear from them.
Jax
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

Y5&6 Open Evening is the 20th June. Induction Day is 10th July.

From recollection we got a huge pack of stuff sent through before the induction day, but I cannot find it so cannot tell you the exact date - lots of policies and forms to be completed and returned then. We also had to bus pass applications by the 30th June from memory.

On the induction day parents were invited in from 2:30pm for a 'briefing' and then we took the girls home at 3:45pm. RHS has quite a long school day.

Also at the induction day we could sign the girls up for their music lessons.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now